National Bridal Shop

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorClementine

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a harness from National Bridal Shop. They seem like they have nice harnesses for the price but they don't have a place on their site for reviews so I'm not sure. I'm just looking for a second harness so I don't have to keep re-adjusting my harness to use it for both of my horses (A mini and B size mini). I was thinking http://www.NationalBridle.com/product-p/1-4142.htm for a training/pleasure halter. I may have to punch a few holes in it but I was thinking of using this one for my B size mare since I've already punched holes in the other one for my A size gelding. Also thinking of buying a bit from them too.

I actually ordered one of their harnesses, the harness with the red piping on it...... then I returned it. It wasn't very good quality in my opinion. It was so small it didn't fit my 'A' miniatures, let alone my B ones. I am much happier with the pleasure harness that I purchased from Ozark Mini Tack.

I also ordered a showmanship halter, same problem it wouldn't fit my miniature weanling.

The cable show halter that I ordered still hasn't been shipped (and they don't have a date when it will be) I have requested a refund.

My advice, they are great for large horses but from mini stuff go elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the review. I hate ordering something just to find out it's junk. I'll keep checking around
default_smile.png

I believe I bought our synthetic/nylon training harness through National Bridle Shop. It has been a great training, work and beach harness. It has a tree and nowhere does the nylon touch the horse -- ir is actually better than a lot of the cheap leather harnesses on the market, but it is what it is. I bought itas a closeout, so obviously they no longer carry it. I had no complaints whatsoever about their service, but can't speak for any of their other products. I doubt that I would look to them for a leather harness.

If you are looking for an everyday using harness, you might try Valley Vet. They have a nice beta synthetic harness complete with back pad at a really good price. These harness are easily adjustable and fit our "well-fed" minis from 30 inches or so up thru 36 inches, depending on the diameter of the horse. We have several that we use for daily training and these harness have held up for years.

Latest posts

Back