Nanowrimo check-up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crponies

Reaction score
I am so surprised with myself actually. When I have attempted Nanowrimo other years, I have come no where close to the required 50,000 words to win. This year, I am actually on track to do it. I just passed 28,000 words! Whoohooo!

Did you count yours yet, Marty?

How are you coming on yours, Lisa?

And for the curious, here is another passage from mine. The story was not really supposed to have a horse theme, but I found I could not ignore the beloved animals entirely
default_wink.png

As they exited the car, they were surrounded by the three youngsters who immediately began chattering away. It was clear that they were very excited about their trip to the riding stable. The three were all dressed in plaid flannel shirts, blue jeans, and cowboy boots. They did not stay with Gregory and Elizabeth for long but were soon off to make sure their mother knew about their arrival.“Wow,” Elizabeth exclaimed as they sprinted away from them and toward the front door “can we say excited?”

Gregory laughed, “I think that is a fair assessment of their mood. I am actually a little excited myself. I haven't been riding in ages.”

“I am not quite sure if I am more nervous than I am excited or if it is the other way around.” They both laughed at that statement.

Jennifer soon came out the door practically being dragged along by her three anxious children. She looked ready to ride in her ropers, blue jeans, and long-sleeved t-shirt. She smiled at Gregory and Elizabeth. “I am so glad to see you two. These three hoodlums were about to drive me crazy with their questions of when we were going.” She gave her brother a quick hug then surprised Elizabeth when she gave her one as well. “Shall we go?”

“Yes!” cried the voices of Ricky, Patty, and Samantha. They loaded up in the family's minivan and were soon on the road.

Patty was sitting next to Elizabeth and had to know, “Have you ever ridden a horse before?” When Elizabeth answered that she never had she then gushed on and on explaining to her how to ride and telling her about all the different horses at the stables they were going to. Elizabeth smiled and nodded as the girl excitedly told her that she should ride first one horse and then another. She hoped that someone would be more decisive at helping her know which horse to ride.

I'm done but son of a gun I can't seem to count the words! Its crazy! I used to be able to count past ten.

I wonder what would happen if I didn't get an exact count........

I'm only at about 22k, quite behind, but it's a personal milestone because I have never gotten past about 10k before!

You are done with your whole novel, Marty?! Wow! I am impressed.

Lisa, I know what you mean about personal milestones. I have started writing stories so many times and never finished. My other attempts at Nanowrimo have been pathetic (just looked at last years and it was barely passed 10,000). This year I decided I was going to do more than try. I was going to do it. I don't know what the difference is, but now tonight I have passed 32,000 words!
default_new_shocked.gif

That's excellent! Yes, I'm impressed too, Marty!

I'm at 24,445!

I am so excited! I can smell victory! I have reached 40,000 words! Now I only have to do 10,000 more in the remaining 6 days.

Awesome! I'm at 26,075 and that's all right!

Latest posts

Back