N00b w/prego rescue mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, but like children -- they should always come in even numbers so no one is left out -- and everyone can have a buddy to groom!!
default_thumbup.gif

Omg too funny!

Now, aunties... You failed to warn me about the severity of PMS (crabby Mare Syndrome) on the foaling heat! Holy cow!!! I've been kicked bit and had the feed dish repeatedly thrown at my head and I wasn't even late with dinner!! And that is just today! I thought my quarter pony was bad in season... And poor little filly just doesn't know if she is coming or going! Things that used to be OK aren't any more and mom has no patience when correcting her and she apparently is not allowed to run to me to save her!

Eventually momma settled a bit and baby got to come see me. She was wanting to walk all over me so I pulled her up into my lap and after a second or two of shifting she found a comfy spot and just settled right into being a lap mini. I may of created a monster ;)

Well, Charm is 32" and baby is looking to be about 30" by the canon bone method.... My biggest challenge with horses is that I like to have enough pasture for them to be on grass until the first hard freeze... That is a lot less pasture per horse on minis!

I agree with your thinking
default_yes.gif
15 was my limit cos that is how many I could have out in my fields, you also need to be able to stable all of them if there is a storm or something. I have 10 stables plus the area where I store my hay/ shavings. They love it when I turn them loose in there cos they get to roll on clean shavings
default_yes.gif

group 070.jpg

Kay ladies needing help! Filly is aver a week old now and still NO name! (I super stink at naming critters... My son came pre named
default_smile.png
).

I am thinking I would like the word Light in there (although have mixed feelings on that one) and Amber in there. Dunno... I collect rocks and minerals so was thinking of one of the golden red rocks/fossils/minerals and I hope to use her as a therapy horse bringing "light" to people's day... But I am SO undecided!

Oh dear, I'm as useless with names as I am with colours!! We usually just get a pet/barn name given to ours and think up a 'proper' name when we get round to doing the registration papers!!

I think we must be due some more pictures.
default_yes.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Lord don't ask Anna for name help
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Can I tell her about the Appy Anna? Oh I am going to tell anyway cos Anna is too far to slap me
default_whistling.gif

Are you ready for this?????? She has the most adorable stallion called "Ancaster Master Piece" or "spot bum" to his friend
default_new_rofl.gif
Guess what colour he is????

I am outta here before she catches me
default_xreiter.gif

Well, I had a filly named: Castle Rocks Amber Night Sky -- her sire was Red Sky At Night and her dam Summertime Belle. Of course, we called her Amber.

Good luck with the names. You can always post a few and we can tell you yeah or nay!

What about Ruby? Or what about the Spanish word Lista pronounced LEE-ST-UH. That was the best I could do in the pronunciation spelling department!! Haha Its a feminine word but means "Ready" in Spanish! She looks ready to be great to me! =)

How about "Firefly" if she is to carry light, or translated into Italian Lucciola. (pronounced luchola)

:D

IMG_9970.JPG

IMG_9997.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_9960.JPG

She has TOTALLY figured out the camera thing o_O dunno how
default_whistling.gif

I have two different registered names for her sire one is daydream believer the other is Misty Moonlight then dam is toyhorse charm or toyhorse charmer. Moonlight could work to tie in her sire. Other gemstones I have considered are Topaz, Carnelian, Citrine...

I Like firefly too but am having a hard time putting anything with it. I like dragon flies too but then you lose the light thing...
default_frusty.gif

Charming firefly

Moonlight firefly

Moonlight Charmer

Topaz shezza Charmer

Ooooohs Eagle you're good at this!
default_thumbup.gif
Will have to try some out during our play times tomorrow and see what she thinks!

Moonlight Citrine.

She's almost the color of a Fire Opal, or a Topazolite garnet or a Spessartine garnet. So many gems with her beautiful color!

Well, aparently I am not the only one into gem stones! I thought about garnet (it is an all time favorite) but a friend has a daughter who's middle name is garnet and she is a holy terror!

Oh, and color peeps... I think she is getting the dun stripe down her back and her tail has a bunch of white in it. I will try and get pics today if she will stand far enough away long enough! Do you think she will be a red dun roan like momma?

Latest posts

Back