My turn, my turn!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Steph and Dinah!!! He is a good lookin' boy! And what colour? Why, PINTO of course!
default_biggrin.png
Okay enough of my dumb humour. I would say he is bay just like Ozzie only with lots of soot. NICE COLT!

Mona, it is possible, since his dam (see below) does carry silver. She has had a silver bay before by a non-silver carrying stallion.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Now, do I REALLY have to wait longer to clip him? LOL I'm anxious.

Here are the proud parents:

Ericas Oohhzz And Aahzzz, now owned by Wilma Bouska, showing how dark he really is:

OzzyLeft2Aug06.jpg

And Jandts Cheeri Deeri:

DinahCollageJuly06medium-1.jpg

Congrats Stephanie! He's a cutie. My vote would be black for now, or as Mona said maybe carrying silver along there as well.

He doesn't look like any of my bays (even dark ones like Ozzy, Cloverbud, Behold ext...) when they were born, they were all born very "red" coats.

Ozzy's dam was a homozgous jet black/white mare, sire of course is a very sooty buckskin pinto.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Now, do I REALLY have to wait longer to clip him? LOL I'm anxious.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
YES you have to wait to clip him! Unless you want to keep him in the house until it warms up.
default_wink.png

Oohhh, that is a possibility, LOL. Just don't tell my husband!
default_biggrin.png

Erica, I was wondering about that, thanks. I will still probably have him tested rather than waiting to see, but I was just curious.

What a cutie!!!
default_aktion033.gif
But I may be partial because your baby is a twin to my boy born Aug 5th last year.
default_wub.png

b15-1.jpg

baby_horsie_and_baby_kittie.jpg

Mine is I think a Silver black, his dam is Silver something, and maternal sister is silver dapple, and his sire is a black and white pinto.

I just thought it was weird
default_new_shocked.gif
they share such similar markings.

Congrats on your baby!!!!

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Rose, you are so right! My mother said that he was flailing his front legs around before the rest of him was even out of Dinah (she foaled standing up!
default_new_shocked.gif
). Then no sooner did he get to his feet, than he tried to run and promptly fell over, LOL. He just doesn't believe in staying still. The funny thing is, I had the registered name and barn name all picked out for an Ozzy colt, if I had one. I didn't have any names picked out for a filly. Fast Carz N Freedom fits this colt so well. I think he'll be a handful when he's older!
default_rolleyes.gif

Congrats he is quite the cutie, I love his stockings! Joyce

Congratulations on a beautiful colt, Stephanie! Very nice color too! I wish I lived close enough to have gone to your clinic.

Pam

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
I would go with the color Erica said, since she knows the horses in his background.
default_yes.gif

Back