My turn, my turn!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeCFarm

Reaction score
Introducing our only foal for this year, 3C Fast Carz N Freedom, by Ericas Oohhzz And Aahzzz (now owned by Wilma Bouska of Chandler, OK) and out of Jandts Cheeri Deeri. Fred is 20.5" tall. He was born while I was at the OMHCI clinic on Saturday, so thankfully my mother was home watching and waiting.
default_aktion033.gif

Here's Fred:

FredWalkingLeftMar08.jpg

FredWalkingRight4Mar08.jpg

FredFirstDay3Mar08.jpg

FredRunningMar08.jpg

So is he black or bay? I'm thinking bay? His sire is a really dark bay and his dam is a red mare.

I can't answer your color question.

But what a handsome guy. Congrats.

I wanted to go to the clinic also but my mares just didn't cooperate.

Great pics! Congrats on a wonderful colt! I'm voting bay.

Viki

Congrats, what a cute boy!!!!!!!!!

Just from looking I would say he is black........but knowing his sire, I would say that he may just turn out to be a real dark bay like his sire. Guess you'll know when he's clipped, but Ozzy himself looked almost black sometimes.

Very cute boy either way.

My Mom thought he was black initially, but now we aren't sure. Last time we had a black foal, he was kind of silvery. Fred is more an odd color brown.

love casper, are you thinking of the right horse? I never thought Ozzy looked black, not when clipped or in summer coat. However, Ozzy is homozygous for black, and this colt is definitely black based.

It drove me nuts not to be able to be there when he was born. My Mom called and said the mare was in labor 30 minutes after I arrived at the clinic, LOL.

Congratulations, Stephanie! Test him for agouti and that should answer the color question. He's a cutie!
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your new colt! My guess would be silver black pinto...if not that, then black pinto.

ooh! Fred is my kind of guy! Congrats! looks black to me.

Robin

Congrats, Steph. He's a cutie pie!! I didn't know that Wilma had bought Ozzie. Congrats on that too.

Rita

Back