My sisters breast cancer surgery is tomorrow the 11th.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to hear the surgery went well. Still sending good thoughts and healing prayers.

So glad to hear her surgery is complete and she made it through. She will do fine. Please keep us posted and if you need to talk just drop me a PM.

I called the nurses station to check on my sister, they talked to me in her room so i heard her talk but she cant hold the phone cause her hands are numb??

I am concerned about this, I am worried about the nerves.

My friend who had a lumpectomy last year said her arm wouldnt work for weeks, they had gotten some nerves... She eventually got back feeling and range of motion..

I am praying this numbness in her hands will go away quickly. She is really out of it on pain meds-understandably...

I dont know when they will send her home, waiting to hear. My Mom will stay with her though and she lives close to me so I can be there when I'm not working...

They put in extenders which they will keep enlarging weekly, so the skin stretches so eventually they can put in implants...

She has a long road ahead of her still...

I appreciate your prayers to help get her thru the healing now...

Missy

So glad the surgery is over, and hope the numbness will soon resolve itself. I wish her the best of luck with her full recovery.

I am so relieved to hear the surgery went well. Hopefully the numbness doesn't last long
default_unsure.png
I was going to mention the implants but I see that has already been considered
default_yes.gif
I watch the plastic surgery program all the time and it is AMAZING what they can do
default_yes.gif
Tell your Sis to keep her chin up. We are all pulling for her to get better fast
default_smile.png

Brandi, my sister definently wants implant as she is only 34. She said if she was older maybe she wouldnt do the reconstruction..

It is gonna be time consuming and the bigger you want the longer it takes and its more painful.. She has never been very big there so I dont think she will get very big implants..

She came home to our parents house last night so havent talked to them this morning but will soon and update...

Thanks again everyone.

Missy

I had/still have numbness from 4 lung surgeries. It is in the back of my arms and in one breast. It's been over 10 years, and it has gotten better every year, I however didn't have any mobility problems. Hopefully it's just something temporary for your sister. Still praying.

Update

She slept all night last night and has been eating. Is taking the heavy painkillers still. The swelling in her right hand went down but the left is still pretty swollen. She cant hold her hands up above her shoulders...

She goes to the dr tomorrow and he MIGHT take out the drains but probably will take them out Monday when she goes again..

Thanks everyone.

Missy
default_smile.png

I'm glad to hear your sister is home and the swelling is going down. Sending prayers that her recovery continues to go well!

Continuing to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Ok, saw my sister last night, she looked good and I brought in something for her and she said "Is there chocolate"!! So she has to be feeling pretty good to want chocolate!!

Her hands still arent all the way back to normal but getting better.

She has been eating (my Mom is trying to feed her constantly) and sleeping good... She sleeps really good when she takes her Vicadin !! It knocks her out for 2 hours...

We will see what the dr says today when she goes-she doesnt go til 4:30 this afternoon. I will be anxiously waiting to hear what he says.

I dont know if you have seen a pattern here of me being impatient!! When they were handing out Patience-they must have skipped me!!
default_wink.png

Missy

so good to hear things are going well!!

when they handed out brains, i thought they said TRAINS and i asked for a slow one.
default_new_shocked.gif

Well i am worried again...

My sister has went in 2 times to have saline put in the extenders to stretch the skin so they can eventually put in breast implants. Yesterday afterwards she was in so much pain and her pain pills werent touching the pain! She was miserable, i dont know how long she can continue to do it...

The dr said alot of women only go a couple times then they say" thats it I cant take the pain anymore so just leave my breast small and finish with the implants..

My sister was hoping to go to a B, her normal size but I dont know if she will beable to handle the pain for a couple months to get her there..

I am hoping the pain may get less as time goes by?? If anyone knows will you please let me know, so I can tell my sister...

Thanks

Missy

Latest posts

Back