My sisters breast cancer surgery is tomorrow the 11th.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
She is disappointed that she isnt supposed to go in til 11:00, you know it will take a while til she gets on the table-a 6 hour surgery, then recovery.. She cant eat after 9:00 pm tonight, so I think she will be starving by the time they get her in!!

I will update on her after she gets out of surgery, tomorrow evening...

Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers..

Missy

Last edited by a moderator:
Missy,

I will be praying for your sister (and you). Please do update us when you can. Lots of hugs your way
default_wub.png

Thanks Brandi for the sweet thoughts
default_smile.png

I dont know if I can go to sleep tonight?? I will try but my mind is just whirling.

I will post an update tomorrow..

I will be praying for your sister and your family.
default_smile.png

My mother went through a breast cancer surgery also. She has been in remission for almost a year now. But she needs more reconstructive surgery done, because of a fluke problem.

But either way, good luck to your sister and your family!

I can understand what you are going through, in a way.

Prayers for your sister. I'll be waiting for an update.

Barbie

prayers going up for your sister and all.

Keep us informed, she has been in my thoughts and prayers.

Robin

breast cancer survivor for 18 years!

God Bless your sister with a full and speedy recovery. Prayers all goes well with her surgery. Your sister is blessed to have a solid supportive family and a wonderful sister like you. Be strong for her.

I hope everything goes well for your sister today from surgery to recovery. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Just checking in for an update. Praying that all has and will continue to go well for her.

Missy,

Just checking in. Hope the surgery went well and your sister is now resting peacefully in recovery
default_smile.png

Ok it is 9:15 and I jsut got home!! Its been a very long day..

My sisters surgery went well, the surgeon said it went as expected, it was just a long surgery. They started giving her medicine to go to sleep at 12:30 today and we didnt see her til 9:00 tonight..

I was so emotional and stressed today, but now I feel so much better that she got thru the surgery. I know she has some healing to do and that will take time, but I feel better at this point..

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts-I'm sure they helped bring her safely thru her surgery..

Missy

Soooo glad to hear all went well. I truly hope it continues to do so!!

Thanks guys. I cant wait for my Mom to go to the hospital this morning ( I have to work) and call me. I know she is gonna be in pain-she commented her breast area hurt last night-I would say so!

Anyway I will update later today..

Missy

Missy, glad to hear things went well. Now at least the fear of the surgery is behind you all. I'm sure there will be pain for a while, but there are some pretty great pain relievers out there. Tell your sister we're thinking of her.

Thanks Donna... I am just thankful she got thru that... I was soooooooooo scared about the surgery! I know she is gonna be emotional, loosing ones breasts is a big deal and for a woman there are emotional ties to them... I will try to call her later this morning and see how she feels...

Latest posts

Back