My New Little Brother

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAPfrosty

Reaction score
I decided to finally post this since my family has officially accepted the referral. My family has been on the waiting list to adopt a 2-5 year old boy or girl from Lithuania for over two years! Just as we thought it was all going downhill with new laws for Lithuanian adoption, we got a referral for a beautiful 21 month old little boy!!! We have to make two trips to Lithuania before we can bring him home. My parents hope to get the court date in a few weeks and then travel sometime at the end of Feb. or beginning of March and then our second trip (that hopefully my sister and I get to tag along on) will be end of March, beginning of April and then we bring him home when we leave! I'm so exited, please keep my family in your prayers that everything goes as planned!

I'm going to try to post pictures but if they don't work, can someone please teach me how to do it on this new forum layout, I'm so confused LOL!

default_wub.png
: Rapfrosty I'm SO excited for you! We went through this 3 years ago when our daughter adopted a beautiful 14month girl from South Korea.

She is wonderful and all the long wait, paperwork, and agonizing over pictures etc court dates etc was well worth it. I can't wait to see a big picture of you and him together! Hugs, Maxine

Congrats!! My mother in law just adopted a little girl from China. You wanna talk about CUTE!! Her name is Joy Lin, and she was adopted when she was 11 months old by my MIL. She's smart as a whip & adjusted beautifully!

You are going to have so much fun!!! :aktion033:

[SIZE=10pt]What a beautiful little brother you are going to have - congrats! I can only imagine how excited you and your family are. Keep the pictures and news coming.[/SIZE]

Barbie

I am not able to see the picture, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! I will be thinking good thoughts for your family! How exciting!

Jodi

Couldn't get the pictures to come up.....but I think it all sounds FANTASTIC!!!!

I am so PRO ADOPTION you can't believe it!!!! What agency is your family working with? I know of a couple that are excellent.

MA

Can't see the pictures, but congrats and I am sure he is handsome! :aktion033:

Thank yo ufor all the compliments, we are all SOO exited! Sorry the pictures aren't working for everyone, does anyone know how to fix that? Our family is using both Adoptions from The Heart and the Family Law Center.

[SIZE=18pt]I didnt get them either at first but if you click on the link and hit the refresh button the pics will come up. He is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations everyone![/SIZE]

Lyn

Our family is using both Adoptions from The Heart and the Family Law Center.

"BOTH" Adoptions????? :new_shocked:

I am acquainted with two couples in my area --- one has already adopted two girls from Russia. The girls are twins, have been here just over a year, are my daughter's age (8) and already speak English almost fluently.

The other couple are just starting to look into adopting a little girl from China.

I was adopted as an infant MANY years ago.....and most people who know us know, we adopted a newborn daughter, but privately. Before that happened, Larry and I did ALOT of research into adopting a child from overseas.

What was different for us was that we had taken in numerous teenagers as foster children, so when we adopted we were starting from SCRATCH! Hopefully by the time Bri reaches puberty, we will be able to finally use all of our previous experience.... :bgrin

Please keep us informed on how everything is going. Your entire family must be buzzing with excitement!

MA

How exciting.......

My friend who is single decided she wanted kids...she so far has adopted one girl stateside she was 8 at the time of adoption...and is currently awaiting travel approval to go pick up her 2 yr old boy in china..........

"BOTH" Adoptions????? :new_shocked:

I am acquainted with two couples in my area --- one has already adopted two girls from Russia. The girls are twins, have been here just over a year, are my daughter's age (8) and already speak English almost fluently.

The other couple are just starting to look into adopting a little girl from China.

I was adopted as an infant MANY years ago.....and most people who know us know, we adopted a newborn daughter, but privately. Before that happened, Larry and I did ALOT of research into adopting a child from overseas.

What was different for us was that we had taken in numerous teenagers as foster children, so when we adopted we were starting from SCRATCH! Hopefully by the time Bri reaches puberty, we will be able to finally use all of our previous experience.... :bgrin

Please keep us informed on how everything is going. Your entire family must be buzzing with excitement!

MA
Well we started off with Adoptions from the Heart but we had some problems with the social worker so our paperwork is Adoptions from the heart but we are using the Fmaily Lawcenter, if that makes sense? I don't know much about the paperwork side of it.

I will be sure to keep you all posted on when the travel dates are. We should be getting a video of him in the mail tomarrow or Tuesday, can't wait to see my little brother in action
default_smile.png
!!

Oh, wow, he really IS a beautiful boy. Congratulations to all of you on a wonderful new beginning.

Much happiness to your family and to him.

Liz M.

How exciting for your family. We adopted our youngest daughter 8 years ago from India. I'll be praying that the paper work is compleated fast and he is home soon.

Latest posts

Back