My New Car!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyborFarm

Reaction score
About 2 months ago my brother-in-law and sister were getting lunch at a roadside hotdog stand and they saw this little car sitting there with a for sale sign. So he called about and then called me telling me to pretty much "get my butt there and make sure I like this car" :bgrin So mother and I trucked off and checked it out. We got there and saw it sitting in some tall grass but I thought it was the cutest car ever! The guy who was selling it came down and I got to sit in it and check it all out. Andy asked me if I wanted it and I said YES! So right then and there Andy paid for my car!
default_wub.png
: A whopping total of $150! :new_shocked: The only reason he was selling it was because the town was going to fine him for having too many unused vehicles in the yard. Andy and Roby went back and picked up the car trailer so we could get it home, the battery was dead from sitting. Their friend Eric came by to load it for us since Andy was still in the leg brace. We got it home and their friend Russ came over and checked it through with us. Then it went with him to his shop to get fixed. It needed new struts for both the front and rear, a new muffler from the catalitic converter all the way back, a new seal in the transmission (the worst part), and some body work. It will need a new battery come winter. With every thing that it needed, plus inspection and registration I put about $600 into it. Not bad for a $150 car! We had the worst time trying to find a seal for the transmission because it was an aftermarket part since they dont even make this car anymore! Its a 1992 GEO Storm with only 45,655 miles on it which we believe are all ORIGIONAL! Its good on gas miliage and runs awsome! The only thing I dont like is that it has a 3 speed transmission (automatic), so getting it up to 50mph is a bit of a struggle, but I dont much highway driving so its ok. Without further ado here are some pictures of this cute car!

The second day of college classes, the day my transmission seal went
default_crybaby.gif
: My friend took this picture of me standing next to it while we were waiting for my dad to pick me up and bring the Geo home.

n616995312_1216703_3091.jpg

The cute car now that its fixed!

GEO001.jpg

GEO002.jpg

GEO003.jpg

GEO005.jpg

The nifty little emblem! Which gives this car the nickname of "The Captin Planet Car"

GEO006.jpg

How I trick out my car LOL :bgrin

Start with a little bobble head turtle on the dash, its been in all the vehicles Ive driven. It was a gift from my high school spanish teacher when I was in 10th grade (im not a college sophmore)

GEO007.jpg

Then you gotta have the lime green froggy air freshener!

GEO008.jpg

And of course the sun and moon seat covers!

GEO009.jpg

I also have a fire extinguisher and batter jump box in the back, just in case
default_wink.png
: But she runs great and I LOVE driving it!
default_wub.png
: Im so glad Andy bought me this car (I did pay him back when I was able to get to the bank). It also came with a cd player already installed for me!
default_yes.gif
: The seal is fixed and Im driving it everywhere! Just wanted to finally share this little car with everyone.

Has anyone had a Geo before?

~Megan

My hubby has a geo metro.....gets great gas mileage, we finally had to put in a new engine after 275,000 miles. It used to be pretty straight then hubby bonked it in the driveway with the suburban :eek: and recently someone bonked it in a parking lot...so it has some dings, but it is his commuting car......I call it either the "moped" or the crap mobile :bgrin :new_rofl: :new_rofl: :new_rofl: :new_rofl: I do not like driving it the seats are too low and it kills my back.

:aktion033: Congratulations on a great deal! You'll love getting around town without using so much gas. Thanks for sharing!

Joan

Back