My New Addition

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't agree more with what everyone else has said about how lucky this little fellow is to have found a home with you. He is SO precious!
default_wub.png
But, was just wondering, do you know what happened to his parents? Did the people sell them, or do they still have them as baby-makers,with not enough food and care?
default_unsure.png
we have had so many problems here recently with fly grazing and abadoned horses and ponies..which most of i might add are from the gypsy community..sadly there have been warnings and even imprisonment but apart from that Im really not sure what else can be done to stop them from breeding its their way of life and as with all cultures some care and some DONT..they do still own the parents yes and she is used as a breeding machine apparantly because she suffers with laminitis it takes the pressure off when the foal takes her norishment !!..I wish i could take them all in but sadly thats never gona happen..the very next day after taking Doodles i was offered another 5 mini breeding mares because theyr grazing had dissapeared under 3 ft of water..its an awful situation to be in but i just dont have the room or facilities to take on anymore and i have to think of the ponies i already have and give them the best quality of life i possibly can

Heeeeheeeeheee!! Haaahaaahaaa!! Look at that cute 'lil puffball!!! I'd hug him....but...

1--I'd be afraid to "shock" him 'cause it looks like he's been picked up and rubbed on someone's head (like you do with balloons so that you can stick them to the wall!!) LOL

2--He's SO TINY I'd be afraid to crush him from hugging him.

3--His little personality appears that he'd start wiggling--as if he would be thinking--"oh pleease can I go play now??"

4--did I mention he's just so darn cute I wouldn't want to put him down?? LOL After I went home he'd ask you if he had to let that crazy Auntie hug him next time too!!

Is that Dinky-Do playing with him? Wonder if she feels like she needs a "bigger" name now? What's the age difference? Do you have something like Chance's Mini Horse Rescue where you are? It must be terribly difficult to see what a difference you've made in Doodle's life and then have to turn others away. Here's a {{{{huuug}}}} to make it a little easier.

Thank you so much for sharing Doodle with us, I know I appreciate seeing not only what a difference we can make in the life of a rescue, but also the special gifts they have for us...Julie

default_yes.gif
Haha yes silly Dinky cant believe her luck..she thinks shes a giant now and shes all of 29-30 inches herself..shes really feeling her feet around him and loves to remind him that shes bigger..so funny earlier when they were scooting around the paddock together poor Doodle tripped over his own tiny feet and rolled over twice before standing up trying to get his bearings again..Dinky ran a mile in the opposite direction thinking hed had a change of heart and decided to stand his ground..what a wussy..they really do bring a ray of sunshine into my life and maybe oneday when i win the lotto I will be able to take them all lol..i wish..he does look like hes had an electic shock or something doesnt he..so cute and he loves his kisses an his tiny little nostrils..theres about 7 months between them so hopefully they will be good playmates through the summer months once Doodles gets used to being chased by a giant wussy of course
default_unsure.png

He's so cute and looks so much better! Good for you for taking him and giving him a better life.

I think hes looking loads better too and is most deff brighter in himself..I guess being soaked through and feeling unloved just took its toll..iv had a look through the different colours and come up with a 'BLUE DUN'..as a label lol..iv had a good old look at his bite and its all inline and really cant find any other obvious characteristics of him being a 'dwarf' so im guessing his just tiny..not that it bothers me id love him the same just concerned he may need extra care with his joints etc..i did mention this to the vet on her visit but i really dont think shes had that much experiance with minis let alone dwarfs so she didnt shed alot of light on special care
default_thumbdown.gif
..I will spoil him rotten though Im sure thats all the special care he really needs
default_wub.png

Aww those pictures are a real delight Linda - like the first rays of sunshine after a long spell of rain!

You could be right about his colouring - or at least a dun of some sort? It will be exciting to see what 'appears' when he pops out of his winter coat this coming summer (supposing, of course, that we are actually going to get a summer this year!)

Yes Anna the one and only sunny day caught on camera lol..he enjoyed the freedom and a whole day out in the sun with Dinky..sadly hes just had a few hours here n there since..dont want him getting wet again just yet!!!..Im hoping we do get some sort of summer so i can at least see what he looks like under the fuzz..n do let me know when your at any local shows this year we will call in to say HELLO
default_yes.gif

Oh it would be great to see you again Linda, but not sure we will be showing this year. We are doing a load of 'construction' work here, converting our stone barns to residential, moving into them and selling the farm house. All this will probably take most of the year, which is why we also haven't bred any mares - no time and now no buildings for stabling (we used the stone barns) until we can eventually build a new barn. So all the horses are just 'ticking over', wandering the fields and being lazy LOL!! If we do manage the odd show late in the season I will surely le you know.
default_yes.gif

I think im in love he looks like the sweetest little guy and is soo adorable even with all that fur
default_smile.png

How's he doing Linda? Watch out for the huge amount of snow forecast for tonight - dont let him get lost in the drifts, bless him!

He is so cute, and looks so much better than the first picture. Good Luck with him, I know he will be fun. I just love my little Maggie she is only 27 inches tall. Great job and your right it is better to take care of the ones you have to the best of your ability than to have so many that you can not take of any of them.

Didn't read all replies, just wanted to say he looks so much like my mare when I got her, she was 27", 10 months, had the same sad look, no mats but tons of bot eggs and looked fat but was a bag of bones underneath it all... After clipping her it was like the little duckling turning into a swan! I had anticipated something curettes under it all but she DEFENITELY looked a LOT better than I thought! Can't wait to see your after pics!

As far as mats, I have a long haired curly chocolate cocker, he has typical places in his coat where he mats up, and the only thing that helps is a bath, good conditioner, some vetrolin spray while still wet, then when he's dry I comb inch by inch with a metal comb, when there is a mat I turn the comb so that it's not parallel with the coat but instead "pointing at it" if that makes sense, hook the mat in the comb and slowly pull it out. Works for my cat too... Long process but it prevents having to cut it out.

Oh, just saw your neswest pics, he's looking much better now! Mine was also very quiet and shy in the beginning, then settled in, gained confidence, then gained too much confidence and turned into a brat and now she's growing up to be a well mannered little lady
default_smile.png

Well just an update on lil Doodles..I love him more and more each day hes so eager to please and so easy going..hes had his feet done and stood with each foot up from start to finish..i started taking him to the bottom of the drive so that he would get to see any passing tractors or cars and luckily a few passed and what did he do??...absolutely nothing took it all in his stride and just loved the attention..thanks for all your lovely comments and support..hes not the best looking pony in the world conformation wise but he has a heart of gold and will certainly give me a lifetime of happiness im sure..I will keep you updated with pictures so you can see his progress...

Im so glad you can see the happiness in his eyes Cupcake i can certain see a different pony..hes gentle and loving and now hes trusting too which makes me happy..if he turns out anything like your lil filly i would be very very happy indeed..shes beautiful.

Anna the ponies only came out to stretch theyr legs lol and then tucked back up in bed..i would have lost him for sure in the drifts lol he wasnt very keen on the snow to say the least but all that fuzz did keep him warm

That's great to hear! Mine is not the "beauty standard" either and also has an underbite, but she's the perfect family member for us and little girlfriend for my gelding, he loves her to death and turns into such a "mother" when she's not feeling good, scared or when I bring strangers into the stall. He always makes sure she's ok and she demands him to be by her side 24/7. I'm looking forward to teaching her how to drive when she's old enough and one day I'm sure my future grandchildren will enjoy her and get to grow up with her.
default_smile.png

All that hair! He looks like a little wildebeest!
default_laugh.png
Bless you for giving him a loving home.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back