My Nationals Results............A TRUE ROADSTER HORSE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
I am going to blend this post into a bunch of things............

First off many of you have caught on to the fact that YES I AM ENGAGED......it happened about 3 1/2 weeks ago and we are planning hard for a July wedding date.......busy busy busy.

Next are my Nationals Results.......Target of course showed his heart out and did wonderful. He went Top 6 in every class (well a 10th in Model but I didn't want him in halter anyways). We switched him to Country Pleasure out of Pleasure and boy was that a gamble. We had never shown him country but to me watching him warm up I felt he was more country. It proved to be okay. His lowest placing in a driving class was Top 5, mostly 3rds and 4ths. Then in the stakes class against the same horses he had been placing 3rd to he got RESERVE NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPION COUNTRY PLEASURE, 36-38". I was so happy.

Now blending in the roadster..........this horse is a TRUE roadster horse. I love this class and really if my horses can't cross into road I really don't want them HAHAHA. But this horse has the HEART of a roadster horse. He went 3rd in every road class he went in including the stakes, and has BLOWN AWAY this year for his Roadster HOF. He has over 100 points and 8 stakes wins, going from 40 points and 2 wins........that is with LIMITED SHOWING. We were in the stakes class and I was going for the win, he was all out, NO BREAKING and I was next to Robby Barth kinda in a hole between two people........I said TARGET (this is serious ask Robby I was talking to my horse OUT LOUD), we are going to win here, we need to get past these horses so they can see us......Robby laughed and said yeah you can pass us, and I clucked at Target and he took off.......this is of course at the Drive On........it was a rush. I got 3rd behind the same horses I had been losing too all week, CONGRATS ROELENE.........and I was pleased. My horse gave it ALL to me. A true road horse HAS TO HAVE HEART. Here is a picture of Target last year, not at his best yet, but this horse just puts it all out there to cover ground.

targetwallawalla2.jpg

Rob as always it was great to see you and I am so glad you are happy. You know the mom in me had to check everything out and make sure
default_smile.png

I am sad that I hardly got to see you at all this year but at least we had a good talk at nationals. I am so excited for you on your upcoming marriage.

And you know how I feel about target I have always been a huge fan he was wonderful and your face as you could really feel he was giving you his all and more... was priceless!

Target is truly breathtaking in a roadster class!! :aktion033: I just love this horse! unfortunately taking pics at nationals due to lighting is difficult and although I got some nice action shots of Target they are dark :no: He is just way too cool to watch!!! Got to meet Rob's fiance too and she is just so nice!! :aktion033: You sure had you a good nationals this year Rob! :lol:

Pam

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations Rob on all counts.... nice pic of the horse but....where is the pic of the lucky girl???[/SIZE]

Lyn

Congratulations, Rob, on future wife and that Nationals winner.
default_smile.png

Sounds like a great time.

Liz M.

Congrats on everything Rob! Great Nationals for you!
default_smile.png

I've seen that Roelene lady drive.....did she do the wave?
default_wink.png
: She is known as Roadster Queen back here in Iowa. Robby Barth is great too....Iowa is blessed with alot of talent!
default_smile.png

Congrats Rob! On both Target's win and on finding a lucky lady!!! I'm sorry I didn't get to Nationals this year to meet her!

Target's ''little'' brother says congrats too! (I own his full brother who I hope can follow even a little bit in his big brother's shoes!)

Andrea

Way to go Rob! It was nice to meet you!

I still have to send you that picture of the 4 girls+ you. I love that shot.
default_yes.gif
:

-Kris

Serious congratulations on your engagement, man. You are a sweetie and deserve great happiness.

BEAUTIFUL horse too! If that's not a great pic, It would probably stop my heart to see him 'really' into it.

Congrats on the engagement, Rob. I saw the two of you together at nationals and you look like a perfect match and very happy together.

Target is an AWESOME horse and it seemed like I was constantly hearing his name called. He has the same heart and energy and enthusiasm that we look for in our horses. We want them to love what they are doing and have as much fun as we do showing. I watched him in that roadster class and it was the best I've seen him look yet and I knew you'd be up there in the placings and that class was TOUGH.

Donning flame suit::

Now, you've shown this horse as a Single pleasure horse all year, and then at nationals decided to show in country pleasure, because you felt like it??????????? I don't understand how this can be done? That doesn't seem fair to other people showing Country pleasure. From the picture you have a nice horse, in my opinion you can't take a country pleasure horse and make a roadster out of him, nor can you take a single pleasure horse and make him a roadster, easier than country but still I feel there are differences. The horse shouldn't be allowed to show in a division that it hasn't shown in all year at nationals. If the horse didn't qualify for that class they shouldn't show in that class. That just doesn't make sense to me. IF this is the case and is allowed then the rules need to be changed. I think its rediculous. That doesn't seem fair to rest of the people showing to just allow class changes willy nilly like that. What ever the horse shows in the most for the year should be what the horse shows in at nationals. I think you should only be allowed to show in one division for the whole year and not allowed cross entry at all not just in one at one show then another at a different show.

Some one please enlighten me on the rules.

Karen

You can show your horse whatever you like AT EACH SHOW. You cannot cross-enter your horse at the SAME SHOW (except Roadster. You can show your horse in either Park, Pleasure, Country... and then roadster additionally as well.)

There is no annual limitations on showing a horse. You can show your mini as both a mini and a shetland, but you must decide which one at EACH show. You can show your horse in Pleasure, Park, OR Country but must decide which one for EACH show.

Some driving horses are very talented... there is a horse my friend HOF'd in Park, Country, Pleasure, AND Roadster. The style of driving the horse is asked to do can vary depending on how aggressively you collect them and how high you check them.

Also, at the National level everything is ''bumped up'' a little bit because the competition is so steep. The amount of action/motion required can be more competitive, particularly in Park and Pleasure. So people drop their horses down a level... Park to Pleasure, Pleasure to Country... to get that extra edge against the other competitors. It's VERY common.

Obviously Rob's horse can collect up, have a good high head set, and get a lot of action going to comptete as a Pleasure horse. But maybe with his check down a little, he has a flowing gait and is mannerly enough for Country. All the more power to him, shows he is a versatile driving horse.

I hope that explanation helps Jetiki.

Andrea

Still doesn't make it seem right that a horse can show in a class they have not qualified for. IF they have qualified for the class then fine, but if they have not, it shouldn't be allowed no matter what regardless of what the competition is that day. The OP stated they had never shown in country prior to nationals, why at nationals are they allowed to do such things? That doesn't make sense to me and it shouldn't be allowed.

Karen

Well those of you that kept my thread a happy one THANK YOU ALL.....................thanks to the one on the end for stealing it. You could have started this on another thread and just used my name............some of your ideas are just odd to me, a country horse can't be a road horse???? Since when??? I can name numerous national level road horses that are country horses. And if you know my horse, you yourself would have put him in the country division...........I had NO stakes wins all year in pleasure and mediocre placings. Why compete in Single at the the Nationals. I switched because myself and other National Level driving trainers felt he WAS a Country Horse especially after some changes we made before Nationals...........but that is okay.........turn me in if you like............this is why the miniature world tickes me off more and more daily........cause it is all hashed out on the internet.

Hah hah hah Rob... now you know how I feel about Tony :) Because a horse shouldn't change ANYTHING during the calendar year (height divisons or driving divisions)?

Jetiki...

There are many rules that AMHR has that some people are not happy about. You have to consider WHY the rule might be the way it is.

A horse cannot cross enter (from Park, Pleasure, or Country.... or mini to shetland, whatever) AT THE SAME SHOW. You can change around what your horse shows in from show to show, though.

Consider this ''what if''...

Let's say you just broke a driving horse, and now you want to show him. He is very quiet, a fluid mover. You enter him in Country Pleasure at his first show. Well, he ends up being super hot in the show ring, moving with too much knee action and his manners aren't the best. The judge and some exhibitors suggest to you he'd be a stunning Pleasure horse. Well, now you know at the next show to try him out as a Pleasure horse. You aren't ''stuck'' with the first decision you made. You just can't switch him for the rest of the classes you entered him in Country at the first particular show.

If you are motivated enough, you can submit a rule change to AMHR. However, I don't think it is going to be popular with most people. Driving horses can be talented enough to show different driving divisions and green horses are unpredictable in how they mature as they get more experience and might move up or down in division as they progress.

Andrea

I was only asking why it was allowed at nationals.

If the horse wasn't doing well then why not switch before nationals??

My ideas of a TRUE roadster I guess comes from the hackney world, in which I wouldn't try to cross enter into anything else.

I did say you had a nice horse, just questioning why the class change was allowed if the horse wasn't qualified for the class.

I am not going to turn anyone in for anything I was asking a logical question.

Karen

The reasoning I didn't do it prior is because I only went to two shows, I also have race horses and am a steward so my horses only get qualified for the Nationals, so I didn't have time, as the training went on things were changed and the horse changed........does that make more sense??? I would have switched HAD I went to more shows.

If it were made this way to where a horse couldn't change for the Nationals you had to qualify every class, it would cut entries drastically.

I am sorry for getting defensive but these are touchy subjects all around, and it just drives me nuts how much happens on the internet.

I understand exactly what you mean about the Hackney Road ponies.........HECK mine is a great road horse for a miniature, but a hackney he would be laughed at...........

Congratulations Rob - You both seem so Happy together. Your horse looked great. That Roadster class was a good one and I was the lucky one -- but it could have gone anyway.

Hope to see you both next year at Nationals

Rob :aktion033: :aktion033: Okay Back to the happy thread. Wow best wishs to you and your bride to be! Target is a super nice horse and well deserved his placing at the Nationals.

Back