My Mom died unexpectedly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lori,

I am so sorry for loss - I too can't imagine the pain of losing my mom and my prayers are with you as you go through this tough time. God Bless...

Lori, I'm so very sorry to hear this. Take care.

I am also sorry for the loss of your dear mom. Bless all who loved her!

Dear Lori, Words are so small for a loss so great. I hope you are able to find some comfort soon.

Lori,

I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

In His Hands,

Tanya & Family

:no: Oh Lori, I am SOOOOO sorry. With myself just spending the past 3 weeks with my Mom here visiting(she just went home yesterday), and knowing the kind of friendship we also share, the thought of losing her while reading of your loss really hit home. I am in tears here for you, and I wish I could ease your pain. I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your dear Mother, and your friend in her. (((((HUGS)))))

Last edited by a moderator:
I am soo sorry.

We lost my father in law last September (while we were at Nationals - had to come home early),

I lost my mom on April 15 after watching her die for 5 weeks of end stage COPD, and my closest aunt, (who was Mom's sister and best friend), 6 weeks later to the day as she missed Mom so much we think she died of a broken heart. It's just been way too much in such a short period of time. A whole lot for my 6 year old son to handle, too. He now only has a step grandma left for grandparents and I sure hope she stays in his life.

I know it's so hard to lose your mom. I want to call her so many times to just tell her something.

You'll be in my prayers.

HUGS,

Shelley

Lori, I am so very sorry. It is especially hard when we feel it is 'before their time'. My own mother died at age 69-and it could easily have been prevented, had her own doctor(preoccupied with his own divorce...)had LISTENED to her and taken her symptoms seriously(told her she had 'valley fever', common to SW river valley residents)-but it was colon cancer, which has metastitized to the liver and was widespread there before a correct diagnosis was made when she went to San Antonio to visit one of her sisters, who insisted she see a doctor there.... My sister and I and two of Mother's sisters took turns staying with her for two week stretches; she was only hospitalized the final night of her life, thankfully, but it was a terrible, sad ordeal for everyone. My children were young, and my husband, an alcoholic-so it was VERY hard to leave them under his 'supervision' for those periods of time....She was my best friend and supported me in MY strong interest, even though it was NOT what she wished for me(I was about HORSES; she was an interior decorator, and hoped I'd really USE my degree in Art!)Mother ALWAYS worked, had her own businees-- but, she had a trailer hitch put on her '58 Chevy station wagon and borrowed a little one horse trailer to take me and the QH filly I'd bred(first one ever) to a QH show in Roswell, so I could show the filly in Halter-a highlight experience of my life, especially THEN! -and gave me a two horse trailer after I graduated from college. I named my miniature horse 'farm' after her(JESS, short for Jessie), and replicated her unique signature for my logo, to honor her--and she is with me, always, even now, 28 years after her death. Allow yourself to grieve-it is only natural. Take comfort in the wonderful memories-they are yours for ALL of your life.

One of my older sister's several husband's was an excellent photographer(even if a nutcase in about every OTHER way....!) A wonderful shot he took of my mother, looking as if she is about to speak to me, and with her distinctive sparkle in her eye, hangs near this computer, where I can glance up and know she is near, anytime!! It is a wonderful feeling, even now....Hold on, the pain will ease, but the warmth of you Mom's love will ALWAYS enfold you.

With tears, and a hug,

Margo

[SIZE=14pt]I am so very sorry for your loss of your mother, you have my deepest sympathies, I know it is hard to know how to deal with it, I would be lost in the same situation.
default_sad.png
[/SIZE]

I am so sorry for your loss....

I lost my father to a heart attack and STILL second guess myself. He'd been feeling unwell for two days, when he told me the symptoms I KNEW heart failure, I offered to take him to the hospital.... but Mom just poo pooed it... two days later he suffered a massive heart attack and died at home. That was 12 years ago, and I still wonder if I had insisted that he go to the hospital if he'd be alive today.

From now on, I will INSIST that if someone describes what my dad felt like, they WILL go to the hospital. I don't care if you're family, friend, co-worker- you'll GO.

Lucy

I'm sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are definitly with you! I lost my dad in March and it was pretty much unexpected. It is hard. Hugs

I don't even know what to say except that I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you.
default_sad.png

Oh Lori, I am so sorry for your loss........

I lost my Mom nearly 28 years ago and still miss her, I poo pah the

natural order of things. Your Mom is just your MOM! You will miss

her always, always have something you'd like to share with her

that only she'd understand. So grieve until the grief begins to soften

and the happy memories and things that make you laugh or smile

begin to take over. She will live in your heart forever!!

In the meantime take good care of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, everyone, for your support, condolences, and experiences. I keep feeling that I should be "doing better" than I am (sleeping too much, crying a LOT) but I guess that kind of self-criticism isn't helping, is it? Mom had such a hard life, and now when she was retired and just being able to enjoy her life, it's gone, and I can't really get my mind around that.

You all are sweet to write, and it DOES help me, thank you. I want to give {{{hugs}}}} to all of you, especially those who have also lost a loved one. {{{Hugs}}}}

Back