My Mom died unexpectedly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dearest Lori, now I know why you've been on my mind so much lately. I have so much in my heart I want to say, but I'm so deeply sorry and crying too much to think straight. Go back and read Nila's post (SunQuest) she said it perfectly the way I wish I could.

When you feel a little breeze on your cheek, know that it is a kiss from your mom. She will always be with you honey. I wish I could give you a big hug and hold you and cry with you. I would if I could. I'm so sorry.

Put a cold, wet cloth over your swollen eyes and take some sinus pills. Lay back and let the good, happy memories come! Some that you didn't know you remembered. Those will be the ones your mom is showing you.

{{{{{{{{{{Lori}}}}}}}}}}

Sorry, It is not easy loosing a mother. My Mother, my best friend, passed 16 years ago.

Still miss her today
default_pray.gif
:

I am so glad you spent sometime together near the end.

Grief never ends, But it changes. It's a passage, Not a place to stay.

The sense of loss Must give way, If we're to value The life that was lived.

Grief is not a sign of weakness, Nor a lack of faith, It is the price of love.

Thinking of you in your time of need
default_pray.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lori, we've been friends now for a good many years and I hate that you have lost your mom. I'm so sorry.

Mine has been gone for a while now too; and we were also very close. I know that empty feeling all too well. A mom is the one person that never lets you down no matter what. A mom is the one that really holds the family together during every type of celebrated event or devestating crisis. She's always the one that knows the right thing to do, so I do understand that loss also.

It's amazing now how you will just automatically step up and "take over" as the family matriarch; whether you think you will be or not, it's now you who will be looked at as the rock of your family. You will become your mother in many ways more than you could have ever imagined my friend, and that will be your gift back to her.

Call me Lori; I'm here.

Lori, I'm so sorry for your loss, I lost my Mom a year ago June 20th, my father 10 years before, you have my deepest sympathy..........Kathy

Lori, I am so sorry for your loss. All the advice I can give you, or the best words I know for you at this time are: She is still with you. Close your eyes, get very quiet, and you will feel her there. You can still talk to her, and she will answer. I lost my estranged father, (parents were divorced when I was 3, and he moved away), several years ago, and I still grieved for him. It is truly heartbreaking to lose a parent.

Lori,

I am truly sorry that your mom has passed. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
default_bye-sad.gif
:

You have been through so much, and without a good outcome. The stress and grief must be unimaginable. I am so sorry for your loss. It is never the same as when it is you having to say goodbye, is it?

A sad club to have to belong to, and I know time will ease the sharpness of the sting, though you are left missing her forever. If you look past the pain, you will find that the best is still within you, and always will be.

I wish something I could say could ease your grief.

((((hugs))))

Liz M.

God love you...I am so sorry for your loss...sending prayers your way. Sometimes it is good just to share this with your friends so they can help you all....she will be in your heart for ever and a day.

Connie

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lori. I'm praying for you and your family.

Lori,

You and your family are in my thoughts at this very difficult time. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I understand the hard times of seeing your mom in the hospital (my mom was in the hospital for over 3 weeks after having a heart attack and heart surgery), but I can't imagine the pain of losing your mother. I hope that in time the pain will fade and it will be replaced with all the wonderful memories you have of her.

((((((HUGS))))))

(As kind of a side note...this has been a very strange year for me...Tracy lost her mom in January, I came close to losing my mom in May, now you lost your mom and my best friend's mom is very close to dying of brain cancer. :no: )

Oh Sweetie, I am so very sorry.

I, too, lost my Mom. She was 57 at the time. That was 14 years ago. She too suddenly developed a bleed in her brain, was brain dead, same scenerio as yours almost.

It will get better with time. Some days are worse than others, now though mostly, I can smile when we bring up memories.

I wish you the best. Hold onto each other.

Hugs,

Robin

Oh Lori...I am so very sorry that you lost your dear beloved mother. Holding you and your family in my prayers.

Lori, I'm so terribly sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost mine 5 1/2 years ago, and reading your post brought back so many of the feelings and memories of that time. My heart is breaking for you. My brothers have always appeared to handle it so much better than I have. I can still turn into a sobbing fool at the mere mention of her name, but it doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to. I'm still not able to watch the old videos of our family Christmases, although the rest of my family takes great pleasure and comfort in seeing her image and hearing her voice. It's just too painful for me.

You'll handle this in your own, unique way and you will indeed "get over it". I sincerely hope that you'll be comforted by the support and empathy of the good people here on the forum. It may help you a great deal to write to us about your mom, and we'll be here to listen.

With my most heartfelt sympathy,

Judy

Lori, my deepest sympathy for the loss of your mother. Please take care.

I'm so sorry. Losing a parent is something we expect, as you say the natural order of things, but that doesn't make it any easier. I lost my dad also rather unexpectedly years ago, and while it doesn't particularly get easier with time you do learn to live with the loss. My mom too has made it abundantly clear that she would not want to live under those circumstances, and I know I would abide by her wishes.

Take care of yourself.

Jan

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Sorry.........what a word that doesn't come close to saying what needs to be said.......

You've been blessed to have a mom who was your best friend (like I was). And you were blessed that you had a chance to tell her how much you loved her before she passed. Treasure those moments....they will keep you sane.

My mom and best female friend passed back in 1984 -- also unexpectantly, and I still cry for her. But I also have wonderful moments where she lets me know she's not far away. I hope and pray that those will happen for you as well.......

Blessings,

MA

I am so sorry for your loss... I can imagine the pain you are in. I lost my 80 yr old grandfather the day before my birthday July 15. You and your family are held high in my prayers. There are no words that will stop the pain ... cry and cry often ... talk about the hurt .. and let it out!!! Again, I am sorry!!

Latest posts

Back