My little Whinny is gone...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaytori220

Reaction score
Some of you remember when I first got little Whinny. She was a partially blind special needs miniature mare that I took in last year. We brought her home in the cab of my truck. Little Whinny lost her battle with colic Sunday evening. I found her down Saturday morning. Vet was called out 3 times in that time. She seemed to be doing alittle better very early Sunday morning after passing a huge hard block of manure. She passed the oil during the night but filled up with gas during the day Sunday that she couldnt pass and started to prolapse. So we had to let her go. She brought so much joy into my life with her antics and comical ways. She always had us laughing. From the time I I got her on video walking around with my sons flip flop on her hoof to running around splashing in the puddles in the rain because it was fun. She always had green drool around her mouth and would always find some unsuspecting human to slime. She would walk around the yard with hay or grass hanging out of her mouth. Just to carry it around.. She was only 3 years old. She had a hard start in life from birth with her disabilities and being rejected and needing.to be bottle fed. But she was given the chance and wound up into my life her last 13 months with me. I am going to miss her so much.

I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you. They are all in our lives for such a short time, be it months or years, they always leave us too soon and it is always so hard to say goodbye. I hope your memories help ease the hurt and continue to bring a smile to your face when ever you think of her.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lucky little girl to have come to you, even if just for a short time. You made her life a joy and while she's leaving a sadness in your life now I hope you can find comfort knowing that you made a huge difference for this sweet horse.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif

So very sorry for your loss. She was greatly loved and I am certain she knew it.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my special boy to impaction colic not even a month ago. Still can't talk about him without tearing up. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am so sorry you lost your special little Whinny. I am sure she loved you and was happy to have you take such good care of her. You will see her one day again at the rainbow bridge where all our "special" family members will great us just like they did when they were with us. We unexpectedly lost one of our dachshunds on August 29th and I am still sad and have that empty feeling in my heart.
default_no.gif
Prayers are with you.

I'm so sorry!
default_sad.png
She had a rough start in lifebut she knew love and happiness with you. She'll live on in your heart.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Very sorry to hear of Whinnys passing. You loved her. And she loved you - that's amazing to find that!

So sorry for your loss!
default_no.gif
You gave her happiness and love and made her times with you very special and I am sure she was a very happy girl.

Back