my little morning visitor

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
...or girl. i have no idea which but there is a whole family of them living out here. they are quite bold and not the least bit afraid. they don't move unless i make a pretty good ruckus. since i don't want the dogs encountering them, i shoo them out of the yard before i let the dogs out in the morning.

FOX2.jpg

FOX.jpg

Fox...we have them around here all year l actually don't have a problem with them. They come right up to the barn and eat cat food thats my only complaint with them as it gets pricy when they should be out getting there own grub...
default_biggrin.png

Beautiful!
default_wub.png

I love living in the country. We have deer that visit fairly often and the other night I came home to find a doe and her fawn in my driveway. I stopped and watched them until they mosied on into the field. I didn't want to scare them
default_smile.png
Last night I was coming up the driveway and a coyote was on the gravel and he popped back into the long grass!
default_biggrin.png

i went out for supper tonight with my son, his fiance and her mom. when i got home at 8:30, one of the little guys was sitting right next to the picnic table near where i park. when i got out of my truck, he just sat there and watched me. i can't believe how unafraid they are!

me too, lisa, i just love being out here where i see such wonderful sights! i have a salt lick at the edge of the woods out back. i have deer there every day, pretty much all day long. even the dogs don't pay much attention to them any longer, they are just another normal sight around here.
default_smile.png

If there is one of those in my yard, I do want my dogs to go after it--it's the one critter they are allowed, actually encouraged, to chase. Most other wildlife is welcome, just have no use for foxes or coyotes, and don't want our dogs going after wolves or bear (though the bears have never come this far out of the marsh as far as I know.

I love em too Charlene. I have a red set on the south and gray set to the north...but....mind for things like mange (those in your pics look radiant with health) and rabies, and scabies. I had to shoot one poor thing last year, almost hairless and so weak. The pack abandons them when they get like that, can't make everyone sick. They do love cat food and umm cats I fear. Great pics! have you seen the babes?

crystal, yes, these guys all look very healthy...bright eyed and literally bushy tailed! i have seen all of them, the 4 kits often play at dusk out in the dry lot where the horses are. they seem to be playing a game of tag with one of the mini boys. he will see them scampering around, take a run at them and they scatter in all directions. when rebel isn't looking, they come back out and start the game over again. i could watch them for hours!

i was up at 5:30 this morning to let the dogs out. i have some decorative street lamps on timers in the back yard that stay on all night. i could see, in the dim light, one fox meandering around. one of my danes was out there and this fox almost seemed to be following her around! they seem very curious. i'm sure, had ashley realized it was there, it would have made a beeline for the timber.

They really are such wonderful animals, almost like cats but dog like. They are always so curious and never aggressive. Aren't the kits so much fum to see?

the kits are really fun to watch, they play rough with each other! i've never had a wild animal so curious...they will sit a short distance away and watch me while i water flowers and fill up bird feeders.
default_smile.png

Haha, I love it. One day a few years ago I was walking the woods, and I have a BIG woods (bout 50 acres) and I heard that distinctive yelp they have so I followed it. I got close and saw the gray fox on a hillock with lots of deadfall....how cool! so I walked around front and sttod very still about 50 yards away and looked. I smiled and said, "oh you are SO handsome!" and he..........took right off, at a dead run "towards me teeth barred"!
default_new_shocked.gif
Uh oh and I look and behind him is another gray head looking out from under the hillock deadfall...oops pups! RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! haha I could run back then and man he chased me a good ways before giving a huge yip telling me where I didn't belong! I do love your wildlife and pics Charlene.

Latest posts

Back