My little girl

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcpminiaturehorses

Reaction score
She was almost black with some brown tint to her hair. She has lightened considerably. Do you think she'll go ahead and buckskin all the way out? She also has the most beautiful saphire blue eyes . . .

100_0132.jpg

Were you all having a problem seeing that picture??? :new_shocked: Sorry, I don't know what I did, LOL!
default_wacko.png
:

Hopefully this is a lot better.

100_0132_edited.jpg

She is SO pretty! I am a sucker for blue eyes! Both my stallions have them, and my medicine hat foal from this year has them as well.

Do you have a picture of the daddy? Your little girl looks almost grulla and that would match how dark she was born. Grulla is dun gene on black so we'd have to see Daddy and talk to the dun experts to find out if it was possible. 'Fizz?

Leia

hmm.. she looks dun, so maybe grulla. yes, i agree we would have to see daddy. i don't think she would turn all the way buckskin, she looks closer to a bay-looking-thing to me. IMO. but then, what do i know! LOL :bgrin

i only think that because her face seems really dark, and there are some darker places on her, but...i don't know. the more i look at the picture the more she does look like a buckskin. it seems kind of unlikely for a foal to be born nearly black then turn buckskin, but i am no breeder, and it is probably possible. i am really bad at recognizing tricky horse colors, so don't rely on what i say as the truth.
default_wacko.png
: i am leaning more towards grulla though.

may we see her daddy?

well whatever she is, she is very cute. i am crazy about those Blue Eyed Beauties. just love them.

anyone else care to give your input?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is still a typical black foal coat, blacks are hardly ever born pitch black but in a grey-isch/brownisch/blue-isch color like this.

Not buckskin not grulla, sorry.
default_wink.png
:

But still very pretty! :bgrin

Btw with a buckskin dam she could be smokey black, but that can only be confirmed by having her tested for cream.

Does either parent have a dun stripe down their back? If so I say grullo. He is the same color of a grullo colt I used to have. See the black lining on her ears? Thats a dun trait. Her are some pix of the grullo we used to have, I thought he was going to shed out buckskin, but after his first clip, we realized he was grullo. Grullo is a gorgeous color.

Jazziesnewcolt025.jpg

8-11-03033.jpg

Latest posts

Back