My little colt with Choke

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh Marnie :no:

I feel so bad

so sorry for your loss he was a beautiful little colt

I unfortunately also understand the decision of thousands of dollars

to maybe have a good out come. And just ending the suffering.

Prayers for you, your family and your mare.

So sorry

Lori

Nate & Marnie

Hello, I just wanted to tell you how deeply sorry I am about your little colt.

He was a cutie. I do feel your pain, I truly do, as we also lost a beloved mare

to a massive stroke. Its been truly a rough week for a lot of us on

this forum.

I am just so so sorry you lost him. He is running and playing with my Cashmere in

Heaven. She so loved the babies. So I know she will protect and love him for you.

I am just so sorry.

Hugs & Prayers for you all

Vicky

I just wanted to add, Thank You for sharing your story. It may someday save

another foal or horse that is choking. Maybe they will read this and it help them.

You did all you could for your little baby. Bless You both so much

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Marnie-[/SIZE]

So sorry for your loss - sure sounds like you did all you could. Thoughts and prayers coming your way for your little one.

Barbie

I'm so sorry to read this Marnie. It's so hard to loose these little guys, babies and adults! Just know that even if he didn't have this injury, it's likely that your vet was right about the damage to his throat and the reacurrance of the choke. My Mom had an adult Shetland Pony that choked on one of those alfalfa pellets that so many people give as treats. It scratched up his throat and he forever had choke issues. She ended up giving the stallion to the vet as he was choking so often that she couldn't afford the vet calls anymore. So I understand all about that!

Again, so sorry to hear about your beautiful little boy :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also sorry to hear that you lost your little fella!. Yes posting it here gives us all a heads up in case we might encounter something similar.

That is so sad Marnie. My sincere condolences to you on the loss of such a beautiful little guy! (((HUGS)))

Marnie and Nate, very sorry to read the loss of your colt. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Marnie,

I am so sorry. He was so precious.

Susan O.

He sure was a cutie. I am so sad to hear of our loss. Thank you so much for sharing your story. Your story may help someone else in the future.You all will be in our prayers.

default_bye-sad.gif
: rest in peace little fellow.

Marnie, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your colt. Had I been in the same situation I would have done as you did. I sure hate to see the suffering they have to go through! jennifer

Manie i couldn't read this whole thread as i am already crying at work, just wanted to say SO SORRY for your loss and THANK YOU for posting your experience and findings... i am the LAST one to criticize as we have lost a couple from our own ignorance but we still take the risk of receiving criticism and tell our stories in the hope of saving someone else from making the same mistakes... and i am NOT saying this was your case, as obviously it was an injury you couldn't see, but again thanks for taking the risk to share your story, as it may save someone else from spending thousands unnecessarily and prolonging another little horse's pain and suffering... quite probably not something a lot of us would have considered and now we know to check for it under similar circumstances! but what a sad, sad thing for you to have to do, right as it was, and my heart goes out to you {{{{{hugs}}}}} he was such a handsome little guy...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story. We all do the best we can with what we know at the time. When others share their experiences, it helps all of us learn more and you may just help someone in the future. May your little colt rest in peace. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back