My Jerry Lee is having surgery today (picture)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Below is a picture of my Jerry Lee. I had spoken with Bob the Carriage maker regarding rehoming him because when he gets excited he sometimes hurts one of the little guys. Well after talking to him for awhile and listening to those who were intrested in buying him. I decided he is really a super sweet dog. So this morning I dropped him at the vets to be neutered. What a sweetheart he was. This dog has never been

tied. He doesn't travel with me. He stays home and plays all the time with his bestest buddy Diego. He rode like a champ in my truck. then he walked into the vets like he had been doing it daily. They didn't have a kennel in the surgery area largest enough for him so they tied him, told him to sit and that was that. He just sat there watching the goings on and never made a sound. He watched me leave thru the front door with sad eyes but did not try to follow or whine or anything. When the vet introduced himself to Jerry he got a great big lick up the front of his face. So did the resident yellow lab on scene. I took the day off to do this.

Tomorrow my kids are going to come over and pick him up . Take him to their place and care for him while I am at work. Making sure he gets his pain medication and that he gets to go for walks. Because of his breed he isn't done filling out yet and today he weighed in at 93 lbs. In all honesty most of the hurting he does to the little dogs is when he just plain steps on them. He doesn't mean to but it hurts. Sometimes he will just poke them with his nose and that also hurts. He also poked me with his nose till Bob explained how to stop it and it worked. He is very smart and learns very quickly what not to do. His breeding is all European and has no signs of any hip issues at this point. After he is two I can have him x-rayed but he comes from a very long line of no hip dysplacia. I just hope all goes well and he comes home happy, healthy and isn't quite as excitable at times. Please keep him in your thoughts today.

JerryLeeVonDolittle004.jpg

He is very pretty!!! I'm not much of a Shepherd person, but he looks like a very gentle soul!

Hope everything went well with the surgery!!

~kathryn

I am really happy that you have decided this for now as I really do think that the best home is with you.

Now down the road however, if you find him "missing" you will know where to look eh?..........<G>

Bb

Jerry is home now, he is still a little groggy but not bad at all considering. They think he is a awesome dog they didn't kennel him at all he just sat watched all the other surgeries while they were being done. I have the vets personal cell phone number in case something goes wrong. Right now he is just laying here beside me resting. And yes Bob he is very smart. When we picked him up he had figured out he needed to just load in the truck, sit and relax on the ride home. I suspect he will become quite the traveler after this experience. Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. His registered name is Jerry Lee Von Dolittle He is actually named after the dog on the movie K-9 with Bruce Willis. I love that movie.

I was wondering how he did..

He's such a handsome guy, and looking so "growed up!" Sounds lilke he's doing great, as I'm sure he will continue to do.

So glad to hear he did well. Sounds like he is a beautiful dog that just does not know his own strength.

What a sweetie! I bet you've made the absolute BEST decision for him!

Well he hasn't eaten yet tonight. He is moping because he can't go out with his buddy Diego. He sooo wants to go out and see Diego but I can't allow it. so he is just laying by the back door as close to him as he can get. I think the vinyl kitchen floor is also helping to cool his surgery area also. I put ice packs on him but he can only stand for that for a short time. I'm not too concerned about the not eating yet. He looks pretty bright eyed he just wants his buddy real bad. Diego will be coming in soon for the night under a controlled setting so that should make him happy. Diego is just beside himself not having his partner with him.I know he will be much happier once he heals from this. All those ugly over whelming male hormones will be gone and he can start thinking about other things. He is drinking alot of water so at least he is staying real

hydrated. I'm sure he will feel better tomorrow. Thanks for all the compliments on him.

Latest posts

Back