My husband's battle finally begins!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_H

Reaction score
We finally got a date for my husband's tonsilectomy/biopsies/esophagus exam! because of the holidays we had to wait until the surgeon got back and switched around some surgeries so Rick could be operated on ASAP. The start of his radiation therapy and chemo have to wait until he recovers form the surgery- about 2 weeks The date is Friday-- Friday the 13th! good thing neither of us are superstitious!

I wish it were sooner- I just think about how many mean nasty cancer cells can be reproducing during the wait but I have to trust his treatment team

This gives him time to prepare his co wokers and the people who work under him to regroup he will be out on short term disability until his operation, chemo & radiation are done. he will not be going back & forth when he feels better the disability is for 6 months and his job during that time is to get well! I will be out taking care of him driving to Boston for daily treatments etc I will go in to work as I can

I have a person lined up to do horse care for the days we may need to stay in Boston

I will keep you updated Thanks to all for the prayers and support! keep the prayers coming!
yes.gif

I am praying all goes well and he and you are back up and running soon!

Hugs

Bonnie

The waiting is so hard. I am glad you have a date and things are on the move. I am sure you want to get the ball rolling and get fighting this. Prayers and blessing to you both, I will be thinking of you.

Pam

[SIZE=14pt]We will surely continue to pray for him and you and for a successful outcome.[/SIZE]

Lyn

This must be a very scary time for you both. Please know prayers are being said for Rick. Take care of yourself too.

I hope all goes well. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Linda, I have been living with TERMINAL CANCER for 5 YEARS, my only advise is

always ~BELIEVE~

Even though we don't understand sometimes the route that the doctors take, they do have a game plan in place. And are ONLY looking for the best for your husband. We all have angels, and I know that yours is right by your side holding your hand and helping you deal with this ordeal. Reach out to those that are around you. Don't forget about taking care of you to. YOU have to be WELL to take care of your husband.

Miracles happen everyday.

All my prayers are with you at this trying time.

pray.gif
pray.gif
pray.gif

If you need a shoulder, mine is here. Sometimes telling a stranger helps alot.

Always

Roxana

Will keep your husband in my prayers for a full and speedy recovery. I am a 15 year survivor.

Prayers from me. May you keep strong through this difficult time.

Back