My Gypsy Vanner Mare <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_new_shocked.gif
She is certainly gorgeous !!

Is she broke to ride ? That would be a blast
default_biggrin.png

Thank you! My Claire Bear is 14.2 but SUPER stocky as you can see. I will definitely add tons of pictures when she foals. She is due the end of May and is bred to Lion King's Perfection.
Once again, she is lovely. I have to ask, I know it is not a mini topic, but what kind of saddle do you use? Any westerns that you know of that fit the difficult to fit round, low withered gypsy vanner? I know I will need an x-wide or a smaller draft gullet. My new girl is only 2 1/2ish and has some growing to do but is going to be quite stocky too (14.1-14.2 ish now, she should hit the 15h mark and is already pretty thick). I am so use to the minis growth rates it is hard for me to grasp that my gypsy vanner will continue to slowly grow and fill out until she is 5 or 6 like many draft/draft cross breeds. I belong to the GV forum but wish it was easier to navigate and that it had a larger member base.

Once again, she is lovely. I have to ask, I know it is not a mini topic, but what kind of saddle do you use? Any westerns that you know of that fit the difficult to fit round, low withered gypsy vanner? I know I will need an x-wide or a smaller draft gullet. My new girl is only 2 1/2ish and has some growing to do but is going to be quite stocky too (14.1-14.2 ish now, she should hit the 15h mark and is already pretty thick). I am so use to the minis growth rates it is hard for me to grasp that my gypsy vanner will continue to slowly grow and fill out until she is 5 or 6 like many draft/draft cross breeds. I belong to the GV forum but wish it was easier to navigate and that it had a larger member base.
Hey! Thanks!

I have also run into this problem. She is super wide. I have actually never ridden her in a saddle. I have just been riding her with a bareback pad. I know a lot of people ride them english because of their short backs. I've always ridden western. My mom thinking maybe an Australian saddle would fit her well. A rode another gypsy that I owed before Claire in a western saddle with quarter horse bars. It worked for her but Claire is much stockier. I was thinking that she would also need more draft type saddle. Please let me know if you find a key hahaha

Latest posts

Back