My grandma turned 100 today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Today was my grandma's 100th birthday, so had a big party for her! This is a woman who has always inspired me with her physical strength and ability to live life to the fullest...went on roller coasters in her 70's, lived alone in her own house (my parents live in a house on the same property) into her 90's doing her own housework, painting, yardwork (well, gardening anyway), etc. It took a fall which broke her hip in 2005 that put her in a nursing home...her hip healed, her mind went!
default_unsure.png
default_sad.png
But, even still, she roams the halls in her wheelchair...all day, every day...once punched her "roomie" for stealing her "dog" (a stuffed animal)
default_laugh.png
default_new_shocked.gif
, and just recently "escaped" out the front door and made it out the outer gate before someone caught up with her!! :DOH!
default_laugh.png

She does still have some lucid moments, but of course they are fewer and fewer as time goes on. She is generally a happy person and is dear to everyone at the nursing home!
default_wub.png

Here is a (bad) camera phone pic I took today at the party...taken with her 96 yr old "baby" sister (who still lives alone)!! (Grandma in the floral dress holding her white "kitty")

grandma100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww, they're SO cute!! Happy Birthday Grandma!! My Gram was like that. She lived alone to 86, and we lost her just a few short months later, but she was the sole caretaker of a lady that was 96 right up until she had the spell with her heart that forced her move. Bless her heart, still got enough spunk to protect what's hers!!!

Jodi

A Beautiful lady!! Happy Birthday to her....

WOW, Happy Birthday to your precious Grandmother..... How wonderful to still have her a part of your life. I'm sure you count your blessings daily being able to share your life with her.

Please let her know I wish her a fantastic healthy 100th year and many more !!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes!! She really is an amazing woman and yes, FEISTY too....LOL!
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png
I just wish we had written down the stories she used to tell about growing up in Germany and then coming to the United States when she was a teenager...Soooo sooo many memories are being lost since she can't tell you these same stories now!
default_sad.png

Longevity does run in her family...There was one older sister, too, who lived into her late 90's. Healthy, too...other than my grandma's dementia, she is totally free from any diseases or other health issues...no heart trouble, diabetes, high blood pressure...nothing! We always say she will outlive us all....LOL!

I hold her so very dear to my heart and know that there will be a HUGE hole left when she is gone...
default_unsure.png

Well happy birthday to your Grandma!

Thanks for sharing her...

default_smile.png

Liz

That is awesome! You are so lucky to have such a grand lady in your life. A belated happy birthday to her!

Thats so great !! Happy birthday to your grandmother
default_wink.png

Linda Killion

Happy birthday to her! My grandmother lived to nearly 107, on her own - and driving! - until nearly 100. Write those stories down now while you remember them, and she - & maybe her sister - are still here to help with memories. It's one thing I wish we had done.

Jan

Latest posts

Back