My first home born baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wings

Reaction score
This is my first home born baby when he was born:

Day 01 (4).jpg

8 months later:

Derbya.jpg

And now as a yearling:

derbinator1.jpg

derbygreendale0.jpg

derbygreendale1.jpg

Marlanoc Salt River, known at home as Derby
default_wink.png
, was my first home born baby. I bought his mother 3 months out from foaling and knew that no matter what popped out I'd be keeping it, I was hoping for a show gelding. Derby was one of the hairiest foals we had ever seen, at 8 months I could hide my hands in his winter coat! He was also an awkward baby for the first few months, if he had been out in a big paddock of foals it would have been easy to pass him over as a show prospect. Of course he has now grown into himself
default_wub.png
:wub

Thanks! I'm so proud of him. From woolly mammoth to show horse!
default_new_rofl.gif

Beautiful boy! I have a whole herd that hide under their Winter coats. I go out and give 'em one look and go, "blah". Still waiting on Spring in the Northern hemi! What a dapper guy you have there!

Thanks Tab, it's amazing clipping off the fluff and finding what is under there!

Thanks guys
default_biggrin.png

Nice! Question, tho...is he a yearling in the jumping pics??
default_unsure.png

Fair question, yes Derby is still a yearling. We have a section of junior performance for yearlings and two year olds that include strail, lungeline and a short hunter course. Derby does little to no jumping at home so he is saved for show days. In total he will compete in 3 perhaps 4 jumping events in his yearling season.

He's gorgeous Bree!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I have one out in the field right now who looks like Derby did - your pictures gives me hope as to what might be hiding under his Yeti like appearance, guess time will tell! LOL!!

Where did the white marking on his shoulder go? It's not there in the older head shot or the older pics.

default_smile.png

Where did the white marking on his shoulder go? It's not there in the older head shot or the older pics.

default_smile.png

Whoops that halter shot got flipped over
default_new_rofl.gif

It's now hiding under his mane. We call it his Australia marking
default_wink.png
he has Australia on his shoulder but with the Tasmania shape slipped down on his hindquarters. He certainly skipped his sire's loud pintaloosa colouring!

Thanks
default_wub.png
He has certainly grown into himself. I hope he continues to grow into himself. If he is nice now I can't wait to see what he becomes!

default_wub.png
:wub DROOLING..hes so handsome
default_wub.png
:wub and what a cutie baby with his wolly coat
default_yes.gif

Back