My fight to save Beths Eye is Over

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear about Beth's eye, but also happy to hear she came through surgery well, and all went well with it!
default_aktion033.gif

UPDATE for Thursday: NC STATE called this morning with an update. Beth is doing good, she appears to have little soreness around her socket. She greeted the student attendant with a whinny this morning. She is moving about in her stall. Sounds like she is on her way to a great recovery.

Update on myself: I have a huge lump in my throat! God help me when I see her
default_no.gif

Donna, I'm so sorry you had to make the decision to remove Beth's eye. She is a beautiful mare, but losing her eye only means she can no longer show. She won't be in pain now, and she's going to be so excited to see you when you go to pick her up!

We have a one eyed mare. Our Missy lost her eye as a very young foal, due to a pasture accident. She has no clue she's any different than the other mares. Really the only way she is different is that I am much more concious of where my feet are when around her... I don't know how she does it, but it seems like she aims for feet on the side she can't see on! I also talk pretty much constantly when working on her bad side. I want her to know exactly where I am.

I'm glad Beth came through the surgery so well. I'm also glad for you both that her pain is now gone. Now you won't have to spend time together dealing with medicines and vets... you can now just spend time together. Keep us updated on how Beth does when you get her home!

My heart goes out to you and Beth. I know she will recover and be happy and healthy once again!

Beth

My heart goes out to you and Beth. I know she will recover and be happy and healthy once again!

hope to see you and the family in fletcher this year

take care

robby and diane and hunter

PS bring the grandkids so hunter can play with them again.

So sorry to hear about Beth but glad to hear she came through OK and seems to be doing well! I'm sure it has something to do with all of the love she gets from you because it sure comes through in your posts. I hope today has gone well and you are reunited and settled at home. I look forward to your next post!! Big hugs@!

Sheez Home!!!!! Beth is doing really well, it was hard to see her at first, but I am adjusting. She is still just so beautiful and the gang at NC State fell in love with her. They said they fought over who was going to graze her yesterday, LOL. You really cannot help but fall in love with her, she is NOT just another horse! Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes, hugs and kisses. Beth and I appreciate your sincere kindness and I look forward to returning the love! Donna

Latest posts

Back