My daughters Quarter Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im so sorry to hear about Generals passing. Rest in Peace Young Man. Prayers go out to your and your daughter. Im sure she has many happy memories that will be with her always.

What a heartbreak, I'm so sorry.
default_no.gif

My blessings to you all.......I know how hard this is......

I'm so sorry to hear General passed. I pray the memories of her general will help your daughters heart to heal.

Oh, Mary--how hard this must be for you to watch your daughter and your other horse grieve while you deal with your own sadness. Hang in there.
default_cheekkiss.gif

mary, i am so very sorry. i have been following this thread and offering prayers for general. now, i will pray you and your daughter will find peace.
default_sad.png

(((((((hugs)))))))

Mary, Your daughter has MANY wonderful memories of General, that will live on forever in her heart, and yours, it is those memories that will get your daughter thru this very hard time. Memories last a lifetime. RIP General. (((hugs)))

[SIZE=12pt]Im so sorry for your loss..... I know how difficult this must be for your daughter and yourself. My prayers are with your beloved General on is new journey.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for your kind words, and how you guys understand, others just think its a horse, so go get another one they are cheap now...
default_no.gif

Well it was more difficult than I thought but I am a strong women held up for my daughter, my daughter could not go into the barn, just cried and cried and cried.

The owner of the barn waited till we left and her husband got General out, but poor Melada she went crazy, which I did not expect, she tried everything to get to him and the lady said she was just screaming, the most horrible screams you could of heard. She was ready to bolt every where and any where, his death was around 8:00 p.m. and they finally got him out around midnight.

Melada is doing fine this morning, thanks to the Lady, stayed out with her for awhile till she settled and she talked with her and told Melada she understood how it was to loose a friend. Now Melada being 20 years old has seen her friends come and go in her life but believe me, have never acted like this.

Have not told my daughter yet, thank goodness she was not there to see Melada go through this or maybe with her she would have been different, as I wipe a tear rolling down my cheek I must say this is much harder than I ever thought possible, out of my life around horses 24 years now, this is the 2nd horse I have known to pass away, my only horse was our mini Seahorse from Quest.

Anita has talked about moving Melada to a stable with an indoor arena where she could be around horses again. The owner of this barn has only sheep and an alpaca.

General will be removed sometime today.

Bless you all

I am just so sorry for your loss- you and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa

Mary this is so sad its making me cray and bringing up sad memories I've had. I've also lost horses to a fatal twist. And I"ve also had to deal with my boys when they lost their pony and horses as well so believe me, I know what is going on and how hard this is on the whole family. Hug that daughter of yours tight and give her a big one from me and one for yourself. Rest in Peace now General. You were so loved and will always be loved. Take care of yourself Mary. This can drain a mom.

I'm so very sorry for you all and I hope the other horse can be moved. Horses just need horses, it seems.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I was praying so hard that he would make it. This past October I lost my rescue horse; he was 30 but it was still so hard to lose him. He's the first horse I've lost. You're right, many people don't understand and think it's "just a horse". We all know different. They're a huge part of our families.

Keeping you, your daughter, and family (and Melada, too) in my prayers.

I am so sorry. I wish there was more to say that would help. Give your daughter a hug.

Latest posts

Back