My Dad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
My Dad was originally admitted to the hi=ospital on April 11th. He was in critical condition for 3 weeks, Heart Failure, anemia(Hemoglobin of 5) V Tach, which is a heart rythm NOT compatible with life.

Last week they decided to send him home... I was shocked, he still loooked bad, but I took him home.... FOR ONE HOUR! He was re admitted in Heart Failure again after being home one hour.

Things have been touch and go, He spent the weekend with his heart beating erratically, scaring us all to death.

Suddenly on Monday the hospital called, saying that Dad was REALLY worse, and NOT to come to the hospital, but to drive to Presbyterian Medical center in Phila. My Dad was being taken there by HELICOPTER as an emergency. He needed an emergency Cardiac Cath.

I drove with directions from Mapquest, but I was lost. I stopped in mid traffic after seeing a police car, ran through traffic, banged on his window. Told him I was lost, and pointed up at the sky.... it was my Dad's helicopter circling to land. The wonderful police officer turned on his lights and sirens and I followed him thru center sity terrible traffic and he took me to the hospital. God bless the policeman!! May he always be protected!

My Dad' is too bad to have surgery, but they decided to put in a pacer/defibbrillator maybe today or thurday. He now has pneumonia on top of every thing else.

I am going nuts. The barn work is still gettting done and horses fed, but the horses need to be clipped or at least shedded out, but that has to wait. I am at the hospital so much.

Please keep my Dad on your prayer list. He is a good guy, loves the minis, and me!

I would appreciate it!

Love,

Robin

Robin, I'm sorry to hear your dad is in such bad shape. As long as the horses are getting fed please don't let them take you away from your dad right now. Sounds like that was one compassionate police officer. Wouldn't it be a better world if everyone was so thoughtful! Prayers to you and your dad.

[SIZE=18pt]I'm so sorry!
default_crybaby.gif
: Sending prayers your way!
default_pray.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Oh honey!
default_sad.png
You and your dad have been much on my mind and MUCH in my prayers this past week. I was hoping for better news. I can only imagine how hard this is on you. I love you lots and send you {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Hang in there girl.

Oh no, I was hoping for a good report :no: What a wonderful police officer, to do that for you
default_yes.gif
:

Continued prayers for you and your dad. As long as the horses' basic needs are met, the rest can wait. I would say that your dad comes first right now. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Continued prayers here too.............and remember to be good to YOURSELF, Robin.

MA

Oh Robin,

Thank heavens for their being a cop for you when you needed him! Sometimes God sends us angels when we need one the most!

I will keep your dad (and you) in my prayers.

As for the horses, they will survive a little neglect as long as they have a clean bed to sleep in and good food to eat and fresh water to drink. After all, what do horses that are in the wild do when they shed? Yes, I know, minis are different, but they will survive.

Hugs to you!

Oh Robin, I am so very sorry your Dad has taken a turn for the worse. Sending continued prayers for you and your Dad.

Robin ,

So sorry to hear about your dad will be praying for him ...Hang in there I know exactly how you feel I just brought my dad home on monday he has been in since march 24th and has only been sent home for 7 days since everytime they release him he gets the septic uti right back again and the only way to treat it is iv antibiotics.....If you need to chat feel free to pm me...prayers for you and your dad...

Latest posts

Back