My barn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamlandnh

Reaction score
I thought that I posted this a bit ago but now I'm not sure.

Last night the tractor came over to dig the trench for the wires to go in. Today Uncle Manning is coming back to start work!!!!! It has been almost a year and we many finally have electricity soon. No more extenstion cord run from the house to the barn!!!

Congratulations! I sure know how you feel - we finally got electricity last winter --- now to get running water at the barn instead of a 200 foot hose. Then some day a carriage/tack/feed room (enclosed) would be nice too.

Be sure and let us know how it all turns out.

and again, congratulations!

JJay

:aktion033: :aktion033: you will love being able to walk in, flip switches, and let there be light. I remember so well the extension cord days, at that time we dug the trench for the underground cable by hand, 200ft so I really do appreciate it as I am sure you will too.

You will LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! After having horses for 26 years. I just this month got electric in the barn that didn't come through a STUPID ORANGE CORD! To have electricty at the flip of a switch is PURE HEAVEN. Thanks Ed & Ginia

Last edited by a moderator:
Electricity? You can have electricity in the barn?! What am I doing out there two times (early AM and night-night check) wearing that darn headlamp then!???

Actually the trench is dug and we're just waiting on the electrician to finish it up. All the fixtures and switches and outlets have been sitting in my shop for two months waiting for installation so I am READY!! Congrats to everybody!!

Jayne

Well, no work done on it yesterday...we had rain most of the afternoon...maybe I will get a mote (spelled wrong) instead!

My son would be happy with that so that he can play in the mud all the time.

Latest posts

Back