My Appy mini mare foaled yesterday morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:aktion033: Congratulations!

We had a foal exactly like her some years ago, also out of 2 leopard appy parents.

She did get appy characteristics after a few months, no big-time spots, but she did turn in to a frosty appaloosa...

Here are some photo's of her, not the best quality, but for comparance:

ayla_van_stal_grashoek_0020.jpg
AylavanStalGrashoek013.jpg
93112079.jpg

dam:

viooltje.jpg

sire:

ayla_van_stal_grashoek_0150.jpg

Thanks everyone, I do really hope she spots out later. I know with my big appy's I had a new looking foal/horse everytime I turned around and you wouldn't believe how different they changed! One was black with a few white tiny spots on her rump, now she is a varnish appy roan (white with dark legs and points etc.) and medium black spots on her rump and she has continued to get small lil ones all over her neck etc. So looks almost opposite she did as a foal. Her mother changed allot too! Never know what your going to get on the next shed or clip!

I am hoping the white tail is pinto coloring, and I also hope that she spots out! I do see sclerla and her two hooves that have a stripe it looks like there is a tiny ermine spot above the stripe.

I guess time will tell.

Sheri

I do not think your pretty filly is Sorrel- I think she is Silver Bay!! She may or may not spot- that I'm afraid is the luck of the draw.

Really? Her legs are so light how can you tell? She has 4 white socks/stockings, very hard to tell but I can make them out. Wondering if her mane will go light... but how do you know/think she is silver, and of course what makes you think bay since the legs are so light... (not trying to argue, truly wondering what you see to make you come to that conclusion.
default_smile.png
) I checked today and she has PINK on her tail under that white hair, so not just light foal coat but actually white, pinto white tail like I suspected. I had other think it was pinto too, and then someone said check to see if there is pink skin underneath... DUH! LOL

Yes, I sure know about may spot or not being the luck of the draw, will just have to wait and hope on that one.

e8e3e129.jpg

0f5b416c.jpg

Let her out today at 2 days old, 1st time out and she really stretched her legs! Mom was not impressed trying to keep up and not being able to control her! LOL More action shots in next post

98e217df.jpg

a04095a7.jpg

d5ea1819.jpg

I do not think your pretty filly is Sorrel- I think she is Silver Bay!! She may or may not spot- that I'm afraid is the luck of the draw.

74e36f11.jpg

8e320145.jpg

6c7dca59.jpg

da8a2b7b.jpg

bf65a892.jpg

I agree that her tail is normal light colored sorrel for a foal.... I dont see any pinto characteristics really, and with striped feet, etc.. she could certainly color out!! Give her time- perhaps she will color out like the other example shown here!!! :new_shocked:

Most of my sorrel babies have been born with almost white legs, light bellies and light hair in the tails.

Awww I hope not. Will be neat to see how she turns out and colors out. Maybe I will just have to have her tested for tobiano.
default_yes.gif
: Will see how she clips/sheds. She does have 4 socks/stockings, they are hard to make out but I can in the bright light. Right rear is stocking, left rear is sock, wasn't sure on front at first but now yesterday in the bright daylight I could now tell front right is a sock above the ankle and front left is sock to top of ankle. So 4 white socks/stockings and the star, and with the pink skin under the very white tail... leads me to believe she is minimal white pinto. Course I and the others (another mini group) that think it is certainly could be wrong. :bgrin (the previous owner said this pair had a sorrel minimal pinto filly last time. It died from sand colic though. Sad. :no: I asked if she had any pics but haven't heard back yet)

I would love it if she spots out!!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

Sheri

I agree that her tail is normal light colored sorrel for a foal.... I dont see any pinto characteristics really, and with striped feet, etc.. she could certainly color out!! Give her time- perhaps she will color out like the other example shown here!!! :new_shocked:

Most of my sorrel babies have been born with almost white legs, light bellies and light hair in the tails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I love the color of your mare..........I wish I had a appy mare with lots of color.........I do have a leopard app dwarf and he is cute as a button........

Hey Sheri...Congratulations with the arrival of such a lovely little filly! Even without spots she's BEAUTIFUL! We have a filly here that is out of two leopard parents, but has no discernable appy characteristics other than a little bit of white sclera. She has great confirmation like you're filly does and it's our hope she is hiding some of her color potential.

Congrats once again!

Dawn :saludando:

What wonderful pictures you got of that wonderful little girl and big congratulations, Sheri. She sure looks full of life and happy to be in the world.!!

Joyce

Latest posts

Back