My Appy mini mare foaled yesterday morning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheri Hill

Reaction score
One of my Appy mares I got in November was already bred to an appy stallion, Boogie Woogie Bugal Bear. The previous owner told me she had 1 other foal and it was by him, and that it was a sorrel minimal white pinto filly! Surprising! Although the stallion's sire is listed as a pintaloosa... Well Dotty (Pom Pom Alota Spots) foaled about 7 am Saturday morning and it's a filly, a sorrel filly and I think she is a minimal white pinto again!! She has a big diamond on her forhead (going to use that in the name and call her Diamond) and she has a right rear stocking and a left rear sock and I can't tell on the front if she has lil socks on the front or not as the light foal fuzz, she does have a very white tail which I think is pinto coloring, and 2 of her hooves have a stripe it looks like. I suppose she could appy out later and possibly get spots. Surprising on her color as not what you would expect when looking at the parents! LOL Dotty is my biggest mare at almost 37" and this lil girl has some legs, and is so much bigger than all my other foals I have had. (my biggest mare before getting the 2 new appy girls was 32" and the others closer to 30" or under. Diamonds cannon bone is about 7.25"-7.50" Her sire is 34"

I was hoping for color but I was thinking spots, but looks like maybe I got color anyway, just pinto coloring! LOL

de1252ed.jpg

e9dbe377.jpg

2d9493b7.jpg

ac50c1f6.jpg

35478226.jpg

Awww she is sweet! You are gonna have to bred that Mama to that beautiful blue eyed appy stallion you have to get some APPY spots!!!~!!

Congrats on a beautiful baby girl....!

32a65fbd.jpg

7cf7794b.jpg

f28597ae.jpg

57eb268c.jpg

Thanks! That is the plan! He is 2 this year, hoping he will breed her and my other new appy mare. WHO also could be bred to the same sire as this filly. I am thinking she is not though. She (my other appy mare Frosty) had 3 foals by him, all fillies and the last one was a bay pintaloosa filly, I was thinking the pinto had come from Frosty as she has blue specks in her eyes, but looks like the sire was also carrying it.

Hoping Illusion will get them both bred for next year! Hoping for spots then too! Will also give him my lil pinto mare Dawnie. Course Illusion could throw the pinto too, and I am actually hoping he will throw spots and those blue eyes!

Awww she is sweet! You are gonna have to bred that Mama to that beautiful blue eyed appy stallion you have to get some APPY spots!!!~!!

Congrats on a beautiful baby girl....!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is unbelieveable, it looks like Momma has the wrong foal :lol: :lol: Cute and all as she is, I would never think that loud app would have a filly with that coloring!

COLOR
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

Congratulations on a pretty little filly

Very cute baby, I love the ones when they are with the kids, and the foal looks so cute next to your little guy!

Congratulations on your pretty new girl!! As for her tail, I think you will find it is not actually "white", but is the light color of a foal tail. From the looks of her though, I am guess it will stay light(flaxen) as she looks like she has silver in her. Also, you might want to wait to see what that start looks like as she ages, before naming her Diamond. I have a feeling it is going to look more like a big round star, and not hold out on that diamond shape. I LOVE her upright carriage!!

Wow congrats!!! who would have ever expected a pinto baby from two loud appy parents!!! Well, besides the fact that dad is actually pintoloosa....I still would have expected to see some spots! I do think with all the spots from her parents that she should spot out with age - she is just adorable! she has amazing flair with her tail and oh those legs!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulations!

:D

What a little sweetie.

I agree w/Mona about the markings, the tail is likely just white from the foal hairs as even my bay babies have this white tail and it sheds out eventually, but the sorrels really look white and it changes to reddish or flaxen by the time they're yearlings, unless there is some pink skin around the tailhead/tailbone.

Neato w/chrome!!!

Liz M.

Give her some time! That's one of the things that make appys so interesting! Here's a photo of "Vegas" when she was born (day 1). That "spot" on her left rump is really sunlight. Then there's another pic when she was clipped at 6 weeks. Notice anything different?

fd8bfe0a.jpg

As a newborn. She is the daughter of a solid mare & one of our black leopard studs.

fd6e2fd4.jpg

fd617900.jpg

She looked like this at 6 weeks when she was clipped! Vegas is now a 5-year-old near-leopard & expecting her first foal to our blue-eyed leopard app stud any day now (YAY)

Beautiful baby for you!
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks. I kinda wondered that but my other sorrel filly I hads tail was not NEARLY that white. And since the gal said she had a minimal sorrel pinto last time, I was thinking that maybe she did it again. I know the light foal coat is normal, it sure is white though! Maybe she is carrying silver, as her dad looks like he is, it is his sire, her grandsire was a pintaloosa. Wonder if her mane will lighten up, as it is the same as her coat color right now.

Sheri

Congratulations on your pretty new girl!! As for her tail, I think you will find it is not actually "white", but is the light color of a foal tail. From the looks of her though, I am guess it will stay light(flaxen) as she looks like she has silver in her. Also, you might want to wait to see what that start looks like as she ages, before naming her Diamond. I have a feeling it is going to look more like a big round star, and not hold out on that diamond shape. I LOVE her upright carriage!!

Actually her sire just looks appy but his sire, her grandsire is listed as a pintaloosa. But since the previous owner said that him and Dotty had a minimal white sorrel filly last time, he is maybe pintaloosa also, but not so visual.

Sheri

Wow congrats!!! who would have ever expected a pinto baby from two loud appy parents!!! Well, besides the fact that dad is actually pintoloosa....I still would have expected to see some spots! I do think with all the spots from her parents that she should spot out with age - she is just adorable! she has amazing flair with her tail and oh those legs!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

(not sure why when I add another reply it is putting with the others????

It is SO white, I know my sorrel filly before had the lots of real light on the tail but not nearly this white, it is bright white. I hope it doesn't darken up! I will have to look so see if I can see pink skin. Can't wait to clip her and see how she looks this summer! Darn, I really thought it was minimal pinto, like I was told she had before.

Sheri

Congratulations!

:D

What a little sweetie.

I agree w/Mona about the markings, the tail is likely just white from the foal hairs as even my bay babies have this white tail and it sheds out eventually, but the sorrels really look white and it changes to reddish or flaxen by the time they're yearlings, unless there is some pink skin around the tailhead/tailbone.

Neato w/chrome!!!

Liz M.

WOW I would LOVE IT if she did that! She certainly could! Is your girl a silver, she certainly has the VERY light mane to go with the light tail. My girls mane is same as her coat color, not light like that at all. (it is a nice contrast!) Got any recent pics of her to share? Would love to see them!

Sheri

Give her some time! That's one of the things that make appys so interesting! Here's a photo of "Vegas" when she was born (day 1). That "spot" on her left rump is really sunlight. Then there's another pic when she was clipped at 6 weeks. Notice anything different?

fd8bfe0a.jpg

As a newborn. She is the daughter of a solid mare & one of our black leopard studs.

fd6e2fd4.jpg

fd617900.jpg

She looked like this at 6 weeks when she was clipped! Vegas is now a 5-year-old near-leopard & expecting her first foal to our blue-eyed leopard app stud any day now (YAY)

Beautiful baby for you!
default_yes.gif
:

Congrats on your filly. Yes dont count her out yet for appy color. There is plenty of time for her to color up.

Here ya go.........this is one of her last summer. Not the best pic, but here it is nonetheless.......She has even more spots now, even thu the winter woolies.

vegasright01.jpg

Spots or no spots, she's a cutie, but wow, if she did what Little Wee's mare did, WOW. Beautiful mare Little Wee Horse Farm.

One of my Appy mares I got in November was already bred to an appy stallion, Boogie Woogie Bugal Bear. The previous owner told me she had 1 other foal and it was by him, and that it was a sorrel minimal white pinto filly! Surprising! Although the stallion's sire is listed as a pintaloosa... Well Dotty (Pom Pom Alota Spots) foaled about 7 am Saturday morning and it's a filly, a sorrel filly and I think she is a minimal white pinto again!! She has a big diamond on her forhead (going to use that in the name and call her Diamond) and she has a right rear stocking and a left rear sock and I can't tell on the front if she has lil socks on the front or not as the light foal fuzz, she does have a very white tail which I think is pinto coloring, and 2 of her hooves have a stripe it looks like. I suppose she could appy out later and possibly get spots. Surprising on her color as not what you would expect when looking at the parents! LOL Dotty is my biggest mare at almost 37" and this lil girl has some legs, and is so much bigger than all my other foals I have had. (my biggest mare before getting the 2 new appy girls was 32" and the others closer to 30" or under. Diamonds cannon bone is about 7.25"-7.50" Her sire is 34"

I was hoping for color but I was thinking spots, but looks like maybe I got color anyway, just pinto coloring! LOL

de1252ed.jpg

e9dbe377.jpg

2d9493b7.jpg

ac50c1f6.jpg

35478226.jpg
Aww she may not be an appy but she sure is a cutie pie
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks everyone!

Wow, it would be great if she spots out your girl, Little Wee Horse Farm! She is very pretty! Definitely silver but she looked it as a foal.

So what does everyone think about her white tail? I had others I asked still say they think the white tail is pinto white. She also has a stripe on two of her hooves. Curious on others opinions.

Does anyone else think maybe she got the silver gene? I had a friend say she had a silver that had the dark mane and tail (just looked chestnut when born) and then they lightened up very flaxen/light/silver so I guess she might be carrying it and her mane may lighten up.

Here is her sire, Boogie Woogie Bugal Bear Looks like he is carrying silver

(his sire is Rivernburghs stars and stripes, a pintaloosa. Bears grandsire is Brewers Orion Mystic)

01329ac5.jpg

0a634543.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Shes a cute one and as the others have said she can color up later. WE had a filly from Kobecks 20 years ago that I bought for a song because she was red as a weaner. As a yearling she shed out to have white spots everywhere and by the time she was 3 she was white from the withers back with a few red spots! Who would have thought when I brought her home.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Sheri, that 2nd pic is Equusite material! With the title, "hello, nice to meet you!" She is just precious! Cute boy also. I bet when you clip those fuzzies you'll find some spots! :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back