My Appy Kitty

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
This filly was the last little one that was born that had a bit of a slow start, but I'll tell you, this gal has never showed fear of one single thing since she arrived and it is to the point of hysterical sometimes.

She has earned her name Kitty because she is too short to reach much but she will wind around your legs like a cat if you have petted her and then quit. She winds around and around and then does what ever she can to force your attention on her. She licks, tugs at your pants or shorts, tries to paw, and then starts winding around and around you in a circle- actually laying on you like a cat would.

It's pretty funny now but dont know how funny it's going to be in another 100 pounds.

Anyhow, I noticed that Kitty had a funny white stripe- and it was really easy to get pics of that, since she is always on my feet, hahaha Here is a pic of her stripe before she was clipped, then another one after she was clipped. She has strong Appy characteristics, and she is roaned all over!

It's really easy to get this view.. she is probably trying to untie my shoes or lick my feet!!

Nutmeg10fillystripe.jpg

Now clipped:

Nutmeg10fillybackstripe.jpg

One of her sisters distracted her for a moment and I was able to snap a couple of QUICK pics....

Nutmeg10fillyRface6610.jpg

Nutmeg10fillyRS6610.jpg

In this last pic, you can certainly see the white stripe down the middle of her back too....

How cool do you know what type of appaloosa pattern she'll be?

we have an appy colt this year plenty of characteristics but no spots although alot of roaning but no white stripe

I am not sure what she will end up as.. possible varnish roan, could be a marble roan, might end up with frosting all over.... you never know. That's the fun part about Appies, LOL I THINK she might end up a varnish roan, but you just never know. And some roans have spots in the pattern, and some do not, so you have that factor that can go on too. Some roans are pretty much colored out in a year or two, some take several years to finish.

Good luck with your guy! Keep a photo log of his changes- it's so fun to go back and look later at the changes he went through.

Appies are so much fun to watch change..I used to raise big ones about 20 yrs ago.. I loved them then and I still love them now.. Congratulations on your beautiful little girls...

Latest posts

Back