Music that gets your horses excited!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
Many of us are guilty to subjecting our horses to music while being lunged or driven, or just being groomed and loved upon. Liberty is also a favorite. It is funny to see how different horses react to different music.

So, What kind of music do your horses like and what artists get them excited the most?

My horses absolutely love La Bouche (its this club music that I found on my stepmom's ipod) and love running to Tonight is the Night, Sweet Dreams, and Be My Lover. They always slow down a bit when I change to a different artist.

They also like the rock of Three Days Grace.

C'mon, SHARE! I need more ideas haha

My horses love music...they're jazz fans, since that's what we typically listen to. When they were briefly at a boarding stable that played top 40 and pop countr round the clocky, they were always cranky (as was I...)

Mingus has his own original Liberty music, composed and performed by my husband (jazz guitarist and composer). His main theme, titled "Unbridled," is uptempo with latin percussion and burning guitar, which Mingus really responds to. Keith wanted to try something different and wrote an accoustic country/jazz tune, but Mingus put in a rather sleepy performance so it's back to the original.

All of our horses love it when Keith sits by the corrals and plays guitar for them; even baby Scarlet pressed her head against the gate and closed her eyes.

I try not to take it personally that they do not enjoy saxophone (my instrument)!

Latest posts

Back