Mt Airy, N.C. sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherylsminis

Reaction score
:saludando: I have never been to the Mt. Airy sale but am thinking about going in October. Could some of you (that have been), please give me information on seating, indoor or outdoors, and prices that the horses average. Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Cheryl

I , for one, think it is a tremendous sale, as far as sales go. You might never get at a sale what you would get at home, but when you need to sell this is a good sale.

They have it at a park that has a covered, but not sided, barn . The barn has seats out front, right around the sale area. The horses are in the back area of the barn, and if there is an overflow, they bring in a tented area, so all horses are inside. The openess of the barn works well for most sales, as it gives a breeze. Sometimes in November, gets chilly, but the excitement of buying a horse, takes away the chill.

The horses are led in, by the owners (which i like so you know who has brought them), and the auctioneer does a terrific job. I think he is fair with each consigner, giving everyone a chance to say something if they like. I have been to sales all over the country, and I think this sale is extremely professional.

I go as often as i can and you can get some good buys, and the sellers, also,, make some good sales.

Great parking, close to the barn, and nice bathrooms, concession building, homeade food, and great sales clerks. I have both bought ( bunches) and sold (*again bunches) so I speak from experience.

:bgrin :aktion033: Thanks for the information. It sounds great. I believe I will go and I'm sure I will have a great time. Thanks again, Cheryl

Latest posts

Back