MSU 4-h show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernmi

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone attended the michigan state 4-h horse show? Curiouse as to the number of miniatures attended the show. Were all kids in show carts or were there a few easy entries?

I am on the planning commitee for the 4H miniature horse division at the state show this year. I did not attend last year but there were about 20 horses there, not bad for the first year i think. Most kids show in easy entry type carts, there were only a couple show type carts. If I can help you out with further questions please feel free to contact me. Really looking forward to this year with some new classes.

I am on the planning commitee for the 4H miniature horse division at the state show this year. I did not attend last year but there were about 20 horses there, not bad for the first year i think. Most kids show in easy entry type carts, there were only a couple show type carts. If I can help you out with further questions please feel free to contact me. Really looking forward to this year with some new classes.

Were just as excited, thank you so much for the reply. I just have a few really general questions but i"m sure I"ll think of a few more. is there a wash rack there that will be available? I have to get permission to pull in Friday. Its about 300 miles for us. We will all need a rest. This is new to us, we were also worried about storing a buggy at night on the trailer, would this be pretty secure for us or should we make other arrangments.

Hey, D. Just want to ask who are you taking down? And we want to wish you best of luck! Wish I felt well enough to go watch and root you on but we will wish you well from afar.

When you get back post some picture on her ok? Tell your Chris we said good luck and hi.

Carl and Maxine

Hi minx, thanks so much, were very proud of him, he is taking his gelding. We are doing alot of open shows right now so he can get more driving time in. Not many rings around here that are suitable for mini driving. The last show we drove 2 hours away, That was pretty close to us. I have been sooooo busy! We are putting up another barn for the broodmares with new birthing stalls and private runs. Not enough hours in the day!!!!! Hope you are feeling alright. Cong. on your new girl, not much time to be on here lately. I havnt had much time to work with my gelding for the Aug. show yet. I gelded the young stud I bought last year and will be showing him. My daughter will be showing my new stallion and her back and white. Just trying to get everyone ready!
default_wacko.png
:

Hi minx, thanks so much, were very proud of him, he is taking his gelding. We are doing alot of open shows right now so he can get more driving time in. Not many rings around here that are suitable for mini driving. The last show we drove 2 hours away, That was pretty close to us. I have been sooooo busy! We are putting up another barn for the broodmares with new birthing stalls and private runs. Not enough hours in the day!!!!! Hope you are feeling alright. Cong. on your new girl, not much time to be on here lately. I havnt had much time to work with my gelding for the Aug. show yet. I gelded the young stud I bought last year and will be showing him. My daughter will be showing my new stallion and her back and white. Just trying to get everyone ready!
default_wacko.png
:
Wow , you go girl! When it slows down this Fall, maybe let us know and we could come visit some time!

I'd love to do that since we're only about 5 miles apart:) I'll give you a call sometime soon about my driving club too..Maxine

Many of us will be arriving Friday night and yes there are washracks on site though sometimes they can be very busy! Will look forward to meeting you there!

Many of us will be arriving Friday night and yes there are washracks on site though sometimes they can be very busy! Will look forward to meeting you there!

Look forward to meeting you too. I will be the blonde{with grey} in the pony tail that looks tired and completely lost. A few more questions, do we have to arrive at a certain time friday and if I read the packet correctly, we have to call and ok it? AlsoI am bringing our other mini 4-h girl with me and spliting exspences, we have a crew of 2 kids and 3 adults, do they have to be aware of all of them at the campus? Do I need to call about them? Thanks so much for all your help, the more I ask, the better I feel!

As I am new to the commitee I can not answer all your questions but have sent a heads up to another member who can. Should have answers for you soon.

You can check in either Friday night or Saturday morning. I don't recall the checkin times, but I will find out and post it later. You only have to let them know how many kids and how many horses you are bringing. If you are going to share a stall, they have to know that too.

You can bring as many as you want for your "crew". You will have to get your horses measured, so allow enough time for that.

About half the people last year left there cart in the barn overnight, and the rest brought theres in the morning. I don't recall if there was security or not. most just locked there carts in a tack stall.

Last year the show was very low key and alot of fun for the kids.

The judges try to educate as well as judge so everybody learned alot.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Sue

You can check in either Friday night or Saturday morning. I don't recall the checkin times, but I will find out and post it later. You only have to let them know how many kids and how many horses you are bringing. If you are going to share a stall, they have to know that too.

You can bring as many as you want for your "crew". You will have to get your horses measured, so allow enough time for that.

About half the people last year left there cart in the barn overnight, and the rest brought theres in the morning. I don't recall if there was security or not. most just locked there carts in a tack stall.

Last year the show was very low key and alot of fun for the kids.

The judges try to educate as well as judge so everybody learned alot.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Sue

Latest posts

Back