Moral Values & Politics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you really think those two words go together.?????????. Morals and politics..
default_no.gif

Good One..keep them coming....you just insulted 50,999,897 americans..

I think your meaning may have been lost on me through the text of your message. What's there to be insulted about?

You are right... I didn't read it.. Most of these "go look things" are so one sided I don't bother with them anymore..

I will stick with CNN.

Apparently you didn't even read past the Topic Title, to catch the Topic Description to see that the link is to a video. To be more specific, it's a video about seeing both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
The art reaction was a generalized example, no different from the page you linked to. I don't agree with everything on the page you linked to, but that doesn't mean I'm going to dismiss it entirely as not worth considering.

Considering the source and the replies thus far, I'm going to figure this is a video not worth clicking the "down load to my desktop" link
indifferent0014.gif
After all, it's not like I have a reason to question my own morals or political beliefs. I'm sure none of us feel we do...

Well between you and Christine, I had to go look... Dial up takes forever... still listening...

The art reaction was a generalized example, no different from the page you linked to. I don't agree with everything on the page you linked to, but that doesn't mean I'm going to dismiss it entirely as not worth considering.
I beg to differ..the website I linked to shows the different view..without attacking anybody ..an yes I feel it is an insult..might as well state..conservatives - ignorant..liberals- enlightened

Well I know I would have a different reaction to David depending on the company I was with... If I were with my hubby or a group of girlfriends

I would be checking David out front , back and center... With a male that I didn't know well I am sure I would be blushing.. Does that make me

liberal???????
default_biggrin.png

Considering the source, Jill?

"TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader.

The annual conference now brings together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes)."

"Psychologist Jonathan Haidt studies the five moral values that form the basis of our political choices, whether we're left, right or center. In this eye-opening talk, he pinpoints the moral values that liberals and conservatives tend to honor most."

I guess, littlesteppers, if you see yourself as ignorant based upon the tendencies of the people studied who you think you resemble, you can feel insulted. But, I wouldn't go so far as to speak for millions of others and I would keep in mind that how you feel is something only you can control.

Well I know I would have a different reaction to David depending on the company I was with... If I were with my hubby or a group of girlfriendsI would be checking David out front , back and center... With a male that I didn't know well I am sure I would be blushing.. Does that make me

liberal???????
default_biggrin.png
That makes you a liber-ative..lol

McBunz..if you see a tree growing on your road..do you nurture it and talk to it..or do you chop it down
default_unsure.png

Considering the source, Jill?
"TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader.

The annual conference now brings together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes)."

"Psychologist Jonathan Haidt studies the five moral values that form the basis of our political choices, whether we're left, right or center. In this eye-opening talk, he pinpoints the moral values that liberals and conservatives tend to honor most."

I guess, littlesteppers, if you see yourself as ignorant based upon the tendencies of the people studied who you think you resemble, you can feel insulted. But, I wouldn't go so far as to speak for millions of others and I would keep in mind that how you feel is something only you can control.
There we go again..you twisting my words..I said your sample paints me ignorant..since I am consider myself a conservative..OY

Christine... you know what I think of little trees growing the wrong places... spend a good part of the summer cutting them down.. LOL

There I go... again? twisting your words? You said you considered what was said in the clip insulting (your view being on what was said that conservatives = ignorant, liberals = enlightened), that I insulted over 50 million presumably conservatives, and also that you consider yourself a conservative. I guess I wasn't supposed to come to the logical conclusion that you were insulted because you think the studies cited in the clip indicate that conservatives are ignorant?

Oh boy, here we go.... another reason I will not abandon my 'morals' and discuss 'politics' with anyone... Like religion, everyone has their own view on it...

Latest posts

Back