Miscellaneous cuteness...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintedPromiseRanch

Reaction score
Here are Betty Jean, Susie Q and Mary Ellen - something sure caught their attention!

P1010261.jpg

Susie Q hugging Becky Lynn

P1010198.jpg

and a close-up of Mary Ellen (lots of pics like this, can't back up fast enough, she is always trying to get in my lap!!)

P1010219.jpg

this is what she does when she is not following ME around - follows her "other" mama!

P1010218.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]
I love the first one where all the ears are facing the same way!
default_yes.gif
: Shannon
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
SO NICE TO SEE THEM ALL TOGETHER
default_yes.gif
: . POOR PETUNIA ONLY HAS HER HORSEY FRIENDS NOW. I THOUGHT SHE WAS BRED SO I FIGURED SHE WOULD HAVE HER BABY AS HER DONKEY PARTNER :no: . I FEEL BAD I THINK SHE WOULD BE HAPPIER WITH OTHER DONKEY. I WISH ULTRASOUNDS WEREN'T SO DARN EXSPENSIVE! THEN WE WOULD KNOW. NIKKI

SO NICE TO SEE THEM ALL TOGETHER
default_yes.gif
: . POOR PETUNIA ONLY HAS HER HORSEY FRIENDS NOW. I THOUGHT SHE WAS BRED SO I FIGURED SHE WOULD HAVE HER BABY AS HER DONKEY PARTNER :no: . I FEEL BAD I THINK SHE WOULD BE HAPPIER WITH OTHER DONKEY. I WISH ULTRASOUNDS WEREN'T SO DARN EXSPENSIVE! THEN WE WOULD KNOW. NIKKI

hey at least she has friends! i know several donkeys who are the only donkey, and they are fine... and our jack Trooper, although he can see and hear the other donkeys, only gets horses in his pen (he's our mule-maker) - doesn't seem to bother him a bit! (he is obviously focused on - GIRL - GIRL - GIRL -- LOL). so try not to worry too much. i could also post lots of pictures of the donks and mini horses together... i have lots of those too!!

i hear you about the ultrasounds... around here we wait and hope... i did have my big mare palpated ($20) but of course the vet's hands are too big for the minis... have you tried the ring test? i'm convinced now that my two donkeys are definitely bred because the ring said boy for one and girl for the other... it did NOT hold still meaning not bred. unfortunately the ring test doesn't tell due dates
default_sad.png

maybe something to try?

Last edited by a moderator:
Such pretty girls!! I never tire of seeing those beautiful long ear faces!!

Vicki

Painted Promise, how many donkeys do you have and horses and where did you get that cool halter that is on the donkey on your avatar?

Painted Promise, how many donkeys do you have and horses and where did you get that cool halter that is on the donkey on your avatar?

Marnie we have 27 total (as of today, we do rescue too so that can change at any time). the current 27 include:

10 donkeys:

7 mini jennets: Betty Jean (pregnant), Taffy Jo (pregnant), Betty Lou (currently trying to GET pregnant - GO DILLON LOL), Susie Q, Becky Lynn, Peggy Sue and Mary Ellen

2 mini jacks: Dillon (Avatar) and Wiley (new spot)

1 small standard jack, Trooper (who is Eve's dad)

3 mules

2 mini mules: Maggie (a permanent sanctuary rescue) and Eve (our new baby)

1 big riding mule, Annabelle (or Annie)

and 14 "horses"

6 big riding horses: Merit's Top Hand aka Paint Mare (mine), her yearling fily Luna (mine), Katie (husband's, a rescue), Thorn (daughter Lindsey's), Destiny (daughter Hilary's, a PMU rescue) and Ruby (my mom's, a rescue)

1 pony: Skeye (a rescue)

6 miniature mares: Jasmine, Lily, Impatiens, Foxy (a rescue), Holly (a rescue) and Bella (Eve's mom and a permanent sanctuary rescue)

1 mini stallion (Lindsey's)

gosh i had to count 3 times, i have been saying 25 before Eve and 26 since she was born... somewhere along the line i forgot to count someone!!! :new_shocked: PLEASE DON'T TELL MY HUSBAND!!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

as for where i got the halter that question has been asked before, i feel so badly that i cannot remember where i got it, i have had it for about 4 years but we were going to auctions and tack stores and on-line shopping for all kinds of different tack and supplies and i just do NOT remember where that particular halter came from!!! :no: :no:

Keep those pictures coming!! They are all beautiful! Guess it's time for me to go up to Marnie's and get a "donkey fix!" I "mean" gosh I only have 2 and she has those adorable looooong eared babies!!

That hugging picture is so cute!!

Latest posts

Back