minimule happenings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintedPromiseRanch

Reaction score
hey Shawna i know you are busy but you mentioned strangles on the chat room when we were opening our secret santa gifts... there was a lot going on that night but i did not see an answer to my question, does this mean you have to postpone your surgery? or did you find someone to help you?? lindsey and i have been thinking about you a lot and are wondering how you are holding up and what's going on. anyway just FYI so far so good with Wiley, i checked the internet which said 3-14 days incubation for strangles and he has been here 18 now with no signs... but we are going to keep him isolated for a few more days just to be safe. i won't have time to finish his new pen till the weekend anyway LOL. he is really looking better, some extra food has done wonders and he is self-exercising by pacing
default_rolleyes.gif
: , which it hasn't hurt him to build up his muscles a bit, but i do want to get him closer to the others soon...

anyway if you get a mo let us know what's up with you!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Shawna, Hope everything is OK down by you? How are the donkeys, mules and horses doing? Corinne

Sorry guys. Had to run the 2 jennys up to UT the past 2 days.

Surgery is scheduled for the 21st of this month.

Everyone here is getting better. I now have 5 with ruptured abcesses I have to clean daily. Hopefully they will all be done by the time Dave has to do all the work.
default_unsure.png
: :new_shocked: Only one really snotty nose left but the vet wants to wait and let her flush more out before we doing anything with her. I have one on 6cc penicillin 2x a day for 5 days. She has been snotty and depressed for over 2 weeks so this is his answer. He said if they don't rupture but keep the snots, they can become carriers. NOT a good thing. On the bright side, I never have to vacinnate here again. The only ones that will need it are NEW horses coming in.

Susan, I think Wiley is going to be OK. He never came in contact with my horses that have it. The vet said they have to touch it somehow to get it. He also said that it doesn't live very long outside of the horse. The little one that is in the corral he was in does have it but she was next to the mare that had it so bad before.

Thanks for asking guys!

so sorry to hear that all this is happening, especially right now... hope as you say they clear up before Dave has to take over! too bad it isn't summer or i would send the girls up to help you out!!

yes i am sure now that Wiley is fine, it has been 21 days, we did put him into his permanent pen today, no more quarantine! he was wearing a ditch in the pen pacing, i think he was lonely. hopefully he will be happier now that he is close to the other boys (Austin is one of them Shawna!) although Dillon has a girlfriend so he may be a little jealous.

Latest posts

Back