Miniature People in Minnesota or the Midwest?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Horse Lover

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Just looking for fellow breeders in the Midwest or Minnesota! Not many minis up in northern Minnesota so hoping there are some elsewhere! PM me if you like and I would love to chat with you! Just getting to know some people on the forum!

Thanks!

Not many minis up here in Minnesota?? Are you nuts, there are lots of minis up here, ponies too. What part of MN are you from?

I know of alot of minis in Minn. Its the northeast part of WI (along lake Michigan , but about 1 hour north of Green Bay) that dont have ALOT of minis. Thats where I live. We do have some but not alot. If you would like to chat just email me.

We are in Minnesota, in the Mpls/St.Paul metro area, 15 minutes west of Minneapolis in Orono.

We have 10 acres and our whole family is involved in our minis and ponies. We show minis, shetlands and have two hackneys that we hope to start showing in 2010.

Our website

Enchanted Hollow

We also belong to the Minnesota Miniature Horse Club and the club website is

Minnesota Miniature Horse Club

Minnesota and Area 6 in general is very active in miniature horses and shetland ponies and you will start to meet lots of people. Our club will also be at the Horse Expo at the Fairgrounds in April and that would be a good time to meet more people. There is also another club called Northern Lights Miniature Horse Club but I don't think they have a website yet. They do have meetings, usually host a Fun Show early in the spring and have been involved in the Horse Expo too.

I dont bread anymore and actually only have 2 minis left, both of which I plan to sell. But I am in MN to.

Well as of right now I'm in the northern tip of Minnesota and haven't found any breeders up here. Back home there are tons!

Well as of right now I'm in the northern tip of Minnesota and haven't found any breeders up here. Back home there are tons!
Without a map in front of me it sounds like you're nearly IN Canada! I'm over here, mid eastern Wisconsin, where it's nice and warm (and if you believe that I have some land in Florida and some bridges to sell ya)!
default_laugh.png

We only have 3 minis, so far, and I love to show! You can see our website from the link below. Just give a shout out if you're frozen in and need to talk.

Well I'm going to college in Crookston Minnesota which is by Canada but my home is in Faribault which is by the Twin Cities!

Merrill Meyers isn't all that far from you, I think he's at Portland, near Mayville ND--neither is Renee of Lucky Hart Ranch (Petersburg ND). Rachel (I never remember her last name) is at Larimore, but I'm not sure she still has her Minis--I know she had them advertised for sale, but don't know if they've sold.

(Or is Rachel at Portland, and Merrill at Larimore? No, I'm pretty sure I had it right the first time.)

If you go to the AMHR website & click on the members directory you'll be able to get the list of all the members in North Dakota and Minnesota, and you can pick out the close towns.

Then of course you could drive up to Manitoba & visit the farms here--there are several, and Crookston/Grand Forks isn't all that far from Manitoba!

Latest posts

Back