Miniature Horse Shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniponyparties

Reaction score
I was wondering............would you pay to have your horse groomed, bathed, and/or clipped at a show? Or do you prefer doing it? What other things woud you pay to have someone do (stalls, tack, grooming)? How much would you pay? Would you have them use your tools or theirs?

default_new_multi.gif

I wouldn't. I'm so fussy I probably wouldn't be happy with how someone else did up my horse.

Plus, I'm an AOTE- I HAVE to do my own stuff!
default_yes.gif

Thats one of the fun parts of showing! =) At least, for me. ;) I love spending time with my horse just grooming/touching up/etc. =)

I'm the same way (field of dreams)!
default_yes.gif

I love it too!

What about cleaning stalls or tack?

I'm also AOTE so I have to do all my own stunts... I mean work!

But... One year I had my amazing little stallion in with a trainer. She was awesome and my horse looked great. But I have to say, for me it was very un-rewarding to just take the lead at the in gate and go in, show and collect my ribbon. We won many championships and reserves and it just felt empty. I guess for me growing up as a working student for my whole horse career I just had too much time on my hands without work to do.

On the other hand, as to your question of what to pay, I can tell you what I did pay... (These fees were for 2009 but were pretty standard at the time)

Training Prices:

Halter Training………………………………………………………………………$350/mo.

Additional Fees for Horses in Full Training:

Lessons……………………………………………………………………………….$0/lesson ($25.00 for horses not in training)

Hoof Trims (4-6 week schedule, at Trainer’s discretion)…………………………$25/trim

Body Clip…………………………………………………………………………….$35/clip ($50.00 for horses not in training)

Razor Face…………………………………………………………………………...$15/shave ($25.00 for horses not in training)

Mane/Tail Enhancement……………………………………………………………$30/treatmt.

Handling (per day, Open Classes shown by Trainer)………………………….....$35/day

(per day, Amateur/Youth Classes shown by Owner)………………….$15/day

Reimbursable Expenses:

Fuel/Mileage:

Mileage to/from shows is charged at the rate of $.45 per mile for one horse. If more than one horse per owner is being hauled, the price drops to $.30 per mile, per horse. Cost is subject to change, due to unstable fuel prices.

Accommodation/Meal charges:

Charges are totaled and divided among the number of clients who have horses at any particular show. In addition, we occasionally stay an extra night, either before or after a show. EVERY effort is made to keep costs to a minimum.

Tack Room:

At each show, we have a Tack/Ready Room in order to prepare the horses. This fee is divided among Owners.

Entry/Stall Fees:

Entry/stall fees are the responsibility of the Owner. We will prepare your entries, and request the amount from you in advance of each show. Entry fees, stall fees, and any office fees, etc. WILL NOT be covered by **********, and will be billed back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
At my age (pretty young) I wouldn't pay to have someone bath, groom, take care of my horse etc. The only thing I would pay for is to have the horse's face razored since I haven't done it before.

I have to be honest, we do everything ourselves except. I've taken horses to the show and paid somelse to do the razoring. Once I paid someone to do the finish clipping as I am crippled in my hands and was havng a very bad day. I have been praised for having well groomed horses even with my bad hands, so I must be doing something right. Hate the razor!

Latest posts

Back