Miniature Horse Racing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreaminmini

Reaction score
This looks like a lot of fun. My hubby's friend sent him this link. The race was held on the racetrack's Extreme day where they held many different races, very long, very short, wrong way on the track and others. This particular race was new this year, I believe. It's the full lap of a 5/8 mile track. Hubby is already planning on entering next year.
default_laugh.png

That looks like a blast! I'd love to participate in something like that. I was surprised that many were cantering. I suppose the race was too casual for that to matter. What fun!

Thanks for sharing!! That was awesome. I am surprised that a steady trot beat a canter though - and that the canter was allowed!

Thanks for sharing the link although last year was the first year Georgian Downs held a mini race. There has also been one at Hanover Race Track for the last 3 years. This year they split it into a and b, they had their a race in June and the b one is coming up in September.

Yvonne

Thanks for sharing the link although last year was the first year Georgian Downs held a mini race. There has also been one at Hanover Race Track for the last 3 years. This year they split it into a and b, they had their a race in June and the b one is coming up in September. Yvonne
It looks like loads of fun. Planning on going in it next year.

Thanks, Yvonne, I didn't know they held the mini race last year at Georgian but I did know about the Hanover races.

The "B" size race is coming up this month. We are thinking of entering Peek in the "A" race next year
default_smile.png

I'm not sure what the rules were for Georgian but I believe at least for the Hanover races that they are not allowed to break stride. I guess tho that some of them got caught up in the excitement or didn't want to get left too far behind.

They look cute, but for some reason I had a hard time watching them canter/trot their little hearts out. I'm sure they were conditioned for it. It does look fun!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like an endurance race LOL. It is so darling, and looks like so much fun!

Latest posts

Back