Mini with a pony?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We could go on & on for pages on this. What it boils down to is "it's a PERSONAL decision".

You can't make a decision based on other's experience. Everyone's circumstances are different.

I also have a 14 hand POA that I pasture with my minis often. He was raised with minis & is very submissive to them. I have no fears of him hurting them. Altho, I DO realize that accidents can happen....they can happen in ANY situation.

Just as the one poster mentioned, they lost a foal by being kicked from a mare. That is always a possibility, but I'm sure no one is suggesting that you should separate them too.

Know your horse's personalities, and watch their interaction together. If you feel safe putting them together....it's YOUR decision, no one elses. Just be prepared to accept the consequenses IF someone does get hurt.

Do what you feel comfortable doing to reduce accidents. But remember, no matter how much you try to protect them....they WILL find a way to get hurt.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back