mini obstacle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandi

Reaction score
I was thinking about showing my mini in halter and obstacle to get her used to the show seen. I have seen the obstacle course once or twice and know that they go through a gate, have the hula hoop, walk over a tarp, small jump, but I cant remember the rest. Are there different obstacles that can be done choosen per show, or are they always a little different. Is there a rule book that someone can direct me to that talks more about showing them in obstacles.? If you know I would really appreciate it! Thanks

What you need to do it teach your mini to side pass both directions, pivot either direction on both her front and hind legs, ground tie (they have to stand while you walk around them), back around things. Then you'll be ready for any course thrown in front of you. AMHA is the only org. that allows jumps in obstacles (which I think is wrong becuase you have young horses in there that shouldn't be jumping). Its basically a trail class done mini size.
default_wink.png
Also, some course designers will ask you to put bells or ponchos or something on your minis back and trot. Just do your best to bomb proof them before entering the ring. Then you can fine tune from there. But each course should be different at each show. So you never know.

Latest posts

Back