Mini Missing in Oklahoma!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this website of OK licensed auctions.

I would like to help in any way I can, and even though I'm all the way on the West coast I'd be happy to start calling all these auction houses. Have you tried contacting any of the news or radio stations, or the local newspapers? I still believe those are good sources to tap. This is a "human interest" story and people want to read/hear those.

I want you to find this little girl!! Don't give up hope--there's still a lot that can be done. I agree with others--someone, somewhere KNOWS something!

Divide and conquer! I'm sure there are others on the forum that would share the load in your quest to find her.
default_wub.png

Rebecca

I agree with Marty and SilverDollar,if I can help please let me know. I was doing some searches on the horse sites and free ads.Come home Nicki!!!!! I have a question about stolen horses,net posse etc. What are the majority being stolen for,resale? Personal use,other?I know alot of these horses have been recovered.

I too believe in strength in numbers. I say we all contact the closest salebarn near them. I think that is where the thief is headed. I just cannot see somebody enjoying a stolen horse. Ok, so I have taken care of H & H auction Simms, Tx. What say others contact theirs and reply to this post? Please, especially those of us surrounding the area Nicki was taken from. Can I get a volunteer for Paris, Tx and one for Lewisville, Ar? Come on people, pitch in! Others??????

Wow Vickie you are awesome! If someone is going to an auction, I can give them my cell number if they want to send me a picture of one they think could possibly be her. She is not a real refined gal, the square face..but BIG beautiful round eyes. That is how I will know her, so many look like her.

Thank you again Vickie...the I had no ideal there are so many in Oklahoma. I am going to one monday, keep your fingers crossed. It is so closed to be they would be very bold, to put her in it. Also have to figure out a way to park my truck, because my name is on it. I will figure it out, I haven't been to an auction like this in years..because I always left so depressed. I always want to bring home the straving, injured ones and my husband would say no way...too much $ for vet and so on.

Wow Vickie you are awesome! If someone is going to an auction, I can give them my cell number if they want to send me a picture of one they think could possibly be her. She is not a real refined gal, the square face..but BIG beautiful round eyes. That is how I will know her, so many look like her.Thank you again Vickie...the I had no ideal there are so many in Oklahoma. I am going to one monday, keep your fingers crossed. It is so closed to be they would be very bold, to put her in it. Also have to figure out a way to park my truck, because my name is on it. I will figure it out, I haven't been to an auction like this in years..because I always left so depressed. I always want to bring home the straving, injured ones and my husband would say no way...too much $ for vet and so on.
Our auction is not depressing. It is a social! And the owner is the constable. Also I talked to someon who owns minis and does not see the point in registering the registerable and this person "would know" what a thief would do. Anyway, he said "they will run it through the auction." Also the ones over around Emory, Sulphur Springs, and Canton would be the perfect place for someone to say "this week's tornadoes tore up our fencing". Come on everyone, contact those livestock auctions. I think the person was desperate for money and they are going to try to sell within a few hundred miles of the crime scene because they would not have traveling money.

There is an open horse auction in Salina, KS on Feb. 14th -- I am planning to attend (or if I cant attend for some reason I will watch it online) and keep an eye out for her...

Hoping to hear something soon...

Im sorry I messed some of the post, when I last posted. Marty, I wish I had your strength..your reading me pretty good...some times I do feel like it is hopless. I do keep trying to catch the new neighbor home...she hasn't moved in yet. Help contacting the ok auction would be great...I will get back to you with the ones I have done...right now there is a big thunder storm..have to shut down the computer..had one fried can't risk another.

Rebecca I think I have that same list, netposse sent me the link...that would be super if you don't mind..as I said will let you know which ones I have sent letters and flyers to.

Just when I feel like it is useless, you pump me up again. Oh and yes I have been emailing the local stations...hey I had not thought of deleting the old one..clever...or I am just slow.

Have I mentioned how much I love you guys/gals
default_wub.png

Rebecca, after sleeping on it decided it best I send the letters and flyers to the auction houses, thank you for the offer but you are so far away..it would take too long to get here.

Marty, I have something for you. You are so talented with your words, would you type me a heartfelt plea to send with the flyers. I know you could word something that would make the difference in it just sitting on a desk, or going in the trash...something that would make them want to be on the alert. I know you had my email at one time but just in case, [email protected] or you can post here and I will copy and paste. I can add details, like contact number and so forth. You know if you post here maybe others could use it.

I wish I could start 2010 over, me and my fur children are having the worst year already, waiting for my vet to call...5 more minutes and I am finding an emergency clinic. I fear one of my boxers has bloat...add "Sister" to your prayers..it is not looking good for her. My husband is on his way, if vet hasn't called we are heading to the emergency clinic. You ask why am I on the computer, I was trying to find out what could be wrong with her. Now I am scared to death.

OMG Nancy! Your dog just MUST be OK! Things were not going well before Nicki went missing. Then your colt colic and now Sister? It's not fair!

You and ALL your babies are in my prayers! {{{Hugs}}}

Nancy, my computer was down due to storms but I'm back up now and working on it.

Check your email

This is a flyer I made up. If anyone would like to print them off and take them around email me and I will send it to you in doc. form.

[email protected]

NIKKIFLYER-1.png

Nikkiflyer2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, I am so sorry about your mini, I e-mailed Cattlemen's Livestock Mkt in Ar, it was the only one I could find with an e-mail address and I think that its a cattle auction but I asked if they would pass it along. I also e-mailed the Lollibros auction in MO. I really hope you find her, I know your sick about it. I can't imagine what your going through
default_no.gif
Please let me know if there is anything else I could do.

I also posted on craigslist in my area and it has already gotten 300 hits- if everyone could post in the surrounding areas, this could get out faster.

I have a question:

How could Nikki be moved out of state without a coggins and health papers?

Are there ways out to the adjoining states where no one checks?

I know that here in Tennessee it is very easy to slip past any inspections and plenty of backroads to do it and the livestock auctions don't check swat.

I know that when we got two last month from Texas, we went through Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas and were never stopped to check papers. We were on the main roads, and everything. Come to think of it, I have never been stopped for that when hauling horses and we have gotten one in OK too.

The law here says that you need a coggins and health paper to cross state lines, but I have NEVER been checked for them. And I go to TX alot.

There are no requirements in OK for traveling within the state.

I have a question:

I know that here in Tennessee it is very easy to slip past any inspections and plenty of backroads to do it and the livestock auctions don't check swat.
Gee, Kay they all say coggins but the only one that I've ever been actually stopped and inspected is Flordia.

I have a question:

Here in Nevada when going into CA you just tell the check station you are going to the vet or you are hauling empty. Coming into Nevada no one stops you and checks anything. When I hauled a horse CA to UT I stopped at the check stations and they got irritated I stopped.

I hope Nikki is found but it has been a long time. IMO if they were going to sell her, they would have by now. I had someone take my horses (3 big) and we found them within 2 days. The person had hooked my fence to the back of their truck and pulled the fence out. The bad thing was it was someone I knew through a boarding stable I had been at. They took the horses from Citrus Heights, CA to West Sacramento, CA. They figured they would not get cought with them.

Have you checked all the little private "pasture for rent" and small private stables"? What about posting a picture of this horse here and everywhere else you have her posted?

And here is another scenario: Joe Blow heads to the auction to sell some livestock. He is SUPPOSED to have coggins papers and he does on all but one that he "forgot". He does not run that one through the ring but someone hears the conversation and buys the that one right then and there and goes home with it. It happens. But the auction owner would remember turning that one down and have a record of the seller's information if he did indeed run some livestock through.

I know that when we got two last month from Texas, we went through Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas and were never stopped to check papers. We were on the main roads, and everything. Come to think of it, I have never been stopped for that when hauling horses and we have gotten one in OK too.
On the way to and leaving from nationals and worlds, from florida, we went through Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas, and didnt get stopped in any state or pass any ag stations except for the Agriculture Inspection Stations when your Leaving and entering the State of Florida, They are on every Highway and road comming and going from FL, If you are entering or leaving florida, you better have your paperwork or it will be your worst nightmare and there is no backroads to get around them.... If you dont have a coggins or health certificates, you will get fined and they will hold your horses there until you get a vet out to the ag station there and they have a negative coggins back and have a health certificate... and if you try to pass by them on the interstate even with an empty trailer, you will have a DOT officer chase you down, pull you over, check your trailer and then give you a ticket.... Just a word of warning... Its not a fun situation if you get in it...

Marty, sorry..had a bad day..just saw the email. I love..love the flyer, what I also need is a letter to send with it (to the ones I mail it to) to convince them to really give a care, to go that little extra to pay attention..to actually want to find her for me/US. I will talk to you tomorrow, k? Unless the test results on Sister are not good...then I won't be able to talk to anyone. Xrays, tests and exporatory surgery in the morning.

Speaking of coggins have you ever heard of a postive coggins...I mean what the heck is it?! All I know is you are always are having to pay for it, and I have never even thought about it coming back positive.

I was told by someone, cannot remember who they can get the coggins done at the sale.

A Coggins Test is checking for Equine Infectious Anemia or EIA. If you had a positive test, that would be really, really bad. Depending on where you live you would usually have to have it put down. Here is one little article about it: EIA

Latest posts

Back