Mini Missing in Oklahoma!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much everybody. Good ideal Marty. I recieved a tip last night, a guy called that saw one of my flyers. Said he had seen a mini in an alfalfa field the last couple of mornings, about 5 milles from us. I answered the phone and when he was telling me and trying to give me directions..I couldn't breath..was shaking so bad I couldn't write or think. Thank goodness my husband was home I gave him the phone. I heard him tell the man we would go look the 1st thing in the morning when it was daylight ***WHAT** I said I am going now, I can at least whistle for her..if she is there she should come. No luck..stop and ask someone at a house, the man said he had 2 mini stallions he couldn't keep up and one of them is what the man probably saw. I was still there at day break to look and put up flyers in the area. Very few homes in the area, mostly fields. She would have had to cross a highway and the field he was talking about was close to a highway also
default_no.gif

I knew I had some great friends, but just how special some of them are..well it is priceless.. and I love them dearly and appreciate them with all my heart. Some are posting on forums and criags list for me. Some people have offered support that I don't know.

I hope everyone knows how much I appreciate it, I am so worried about Nicki..I cannot think straight..so I just want every one to know..in case I forget to say it.

Believe me when Nicki is home..I will shout it from the roof tops.

I hope Nicki come home safely soon - I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. So many people are looking for her, she can't stay hidden much longer!

Nancy what area of OK are you in... I am also thinking of posting on Facebook... if enough folks post and cross post you never know...

I am praying for her safe return soon

I am so sorry to hear she hasn't been found yet and can't even imagine what you're going through.

Great ideas on here. You may have already done this but call every large and small animal vet in your surrounding areas to tell them your situation and fax your flyer. When the large animal vets are on their rounds they may see her in someone's field. Plus they can put the word out to all their clients with horses.

Have you contacted your local news stations (TV and radio) and newspapers? I would think they'd be all over a story like this; I know our news people always are.

Hoping and praying she's home soon!

default_sad.png
So sorry. I wonder if livestock auctions have a networking system to alert the ones in surrounding counties and even surrounding states. Hoping for a safe return.

I hope you find your little horse!! If it was me I would be worried sick!!!
default_no.gif

Jess

Oh you must be just besides yourself! I hope and pray for your little girl's safe return.

This thread is the first thing that I check each day hoping to see some news on Nicki.

I even posted on Facebook and put a link to the flyer with netposse.com.

Praying she is safe and just hiding out somewhere.

Nancy,

This suggestion of Marty's is such a good idea - when our sheltie was missing, I did contact the schools with pictures and info - one little girl said, "My grandma has that dog" - turns out the grandmother had picked up the dog and taken it home. She never bothered to contact the Humane Society, Police or anyone and when her grandchild said the dog's picture was at school - we then ended up thankfully getting her back.

We will continue to keep you in our prayers and hoping for a safe return of your precious Nicki!

Nancy, if no one has done this yet, you need to contact the schools. As many as possible in and out of your immediate area and include the kindergartens. They can put it over their PA system for you. If your little girl was stolen, remember, kids have very big mouths! I feel awful for you and hope she is returned home to you safe and sound and very soon.
default_wub.png

Nancy its been a while now. I really think you need to contact the TV and radio stations to expand your search. Someone somewhere has her.

Also you probably already have OK people doing this but just in case, calling the feed stores, Humane Societies, vets, farriers, checking to see if they happened to notice any new additions to their regular clientele.

Also Agriculture Extention offices can get it out to all the 4H leaders.

Now I"m not sure this part is even legal, but perhaps place a "Wanted Small Pony For Little Child" Ad in the newspapers and see what might come of it. Its worth a shot.

Last but not least, and I feel bad bringing this up, but could there be anyone at all that is not happy with you that might have done this on purpose to hurt you, OR anyone that knows this mare and has admired this particular little horse enough to want to take her?

I know you are racking your brain but if you try to be calm, it could help you think better and maybe remember something, or someone that might have come by at Christmas that said they wanted a mini? Delivery person? Just throwing stuff out there.........

I keep checking too Julie
default_sad.png

I've been crying all week knowing how torn apart Nancy is.

What about a reward? Would this encourage possible bad behavior? I sure wish there was something we could do.Just breaks my heart,big hugs to you and I hope Nicki finds her way home soon!

Nancy what area of OK are you in... I am also thinking of posting on Facebook... if enough folks post and cross post you never know...

I am in south central OK, I have a friend posting in KS and she is having the same problem I am, it is telling us the post are too similar when we try to post daily or in different areas. But I would appreciate it if you would give it a try. I have also posted it on my facebook page and ask everyone to copy and paste to theirs. I think they may be getting tired of my crying over Nicki
default_sad.png

Thank you everyone for the ideals, some I have been working on some I hadn't thought of and wrote them down. I have had to get caught up on the chores around here, I can't neglect the ones that are here. I count them over and over every time I go outside, look out the window...go out just to count them. Panic when I come up short, till I get them all a counted for.

Also I am a true believer that your horses feel what you are feeling, I realized I was going out there all depressed no laughing and playing with them. I was going to go to a auction Sat and Mary was going to go with me, I was feeling sick from being so upset..well Sat. morning wake up look out the window and my lil weanling colt was in full blown colic.

Long story, just to say it is stressing me out, trying to do all this and make sure the others are receiving proper care...I am so afraid I might mess one being off..and I would just totally go off the deep end if I was to lose one..because I wasn't paying attention.

I have a list of things to get done, and trying to prioritize..number one is getting on the sheriff's butt. Been trying to get letters and flyers to all the auctions, now adding vets...already talked to mine.

And yes, I have a few suspicions..not people I have made mad (lately),,but a carpenter was working at a neighbors and walked over asking questions about the horses, took my number..mentioned the minis brought more at auctions then full size. Delivery guys for home depot, just a gut feeling about them. Then there is all the new traffic because of an oil rig going in down the road.

I am exhausted and cannot stop worring about Nicki, is she being fed twice a day..is she standing there wonder where I am..if they are feeding her..do they know the proper food, hay. My husband said I have got to stop worring, right..I will turn it off.

So many people are reaching out and helping me, I wish who ever has her would decide it's not worth it and just drop her off down at the road..she would come to the house. That is my dream, to wake up in the morning and her be in the yard, waiting for me to come out.

Thank you everyone, your awesome...maybe if we all pray really loud she will hear us

When posting on craigslist, it helps if you delete the previous post. I've had to do this when I try to keep things fresh every day. Also, probably not real legal....try using different email addys to post in different areas. Not something I would normally recommend, but this is NOT a normal situation!!!

Prayers that you find her soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in south central OK, I have a friend posting in KS and she is having the same problem I am, it is telling us the post are too similar when we try to post daily or in different areas. But I would appreciate it if you would give it a try. I have also posted it on my facebook page and ask everyone to copy and paste to theirs. I think they may be getting tired of my crying over Nicki
default_sad.png

I've posted to my facebook page - hopeing for good news soon.

And go hug the minis you have - cry into manes... it does help

Hi Nancy, checking in.

I really can't stand this anymore.

I think there is power in numbers and we all should organize something to help you locate Nicki.

I'm going to throw some more ideas out here:

Ok here's the thing: I, and I think I can speak for the rest of us out here in cyber space are feeling very helpless and want to help you out. But I have no idea how any of us can since none of us are local enough to be with you to do the ground work.

So I am asking you, what can we do to help you from where we sit?

Do you need us to help you make phone calls?

To who?

Print out flyers and snail mail them to you?

Email and call your local sheriff and make him launch an investigation?

What can we do from here? Name it.

If you post phone numbers here or email addresses and delegate things we call can pitch in to do, I'm sure you could consider it done.

Personally Nancy, I would highly suggest you find out who that carpenter was, get his home address and go look in his yard. Asking a next door neighbor wouldn't be beyond me either.

I would also do the same thing about that other suspicious Home Depot deliver person.

I would also suggest you get flyers passed out to all these oil rig people.

Maybe the Oklahoma people can ralley together and meet up with you and do some physical ground work in your area?

Let's do something people to help bring Nicki home.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back