Mini horse name ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

PrettyPonies

Reaction score
My mini mare is going to give birth any day and I need name suggestions, I’m wanting a western/cowboy/Indian name… I was thinking if it’s a colt I could name him (colt) 45, but I feel like I’d have to explain the name to everyone… so I need ideas… also I have no idea for a name for a filly…

kimbalina

Apaché and family
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Our little one came prenamed as Apache. I like his name and sometimes we call him just Patchy who likes a scratchy let's go catchy. (except he doesn't need catching... he runs to us now... especially if he thinks we may pet his big tb mare girlfriend before him.) I sometimes wonder if there are any people who would be offended by it as cultural appropriation. It is hard to be sensitive of everybody's beliefs though... but sometimes I do wonder if anyone finds it rude since we live in Australia so have no real link. Yes life got complicated lol!

Btw I really like the name Colt 45.

HersheyMint

HersheyMint
Reaction score
Our little one came prenamed as Apache. I like his name and sometimes we call him just Patchy who likes a scratchy let's go catchy. (except he doesn't need catching... he runs to us now... especially if he thinks we may pet his big tb mare girlfriend before him.) I sometimes wonder if there are any people who would be offended by it as cultural appropriation. It is hard to be sensitive of everybody's beliefs though... but sometimes I do wonder if anyone finds it rude since we live in Australia so have no real link. Yes life got complicated lol!

Btw I really like the name Colt 45.
I think Apache's nick name Patchy is cute!! :)

kimbalina

Apaché and family
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I am a direct descendant of Princess Tondl Hkili of the Algonquin/Leni Lenape tribe.
I give you permission to use Apache :) (Not that you need it!!!)
Thank you... wow that is impressive! I do feel more comfortable using his name now!! I would love to hear more about your culture.

chandab

Reaction score
Remington, Remi for short.
Cowboy, Rope, Lariat, Latigo.
Rein (My filly's name is Rain, so why not). Miss Kitty (Gunsmoke, I think that's the right old TV show). Goldie (if palomino).

Latest posts