Mini horse name ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrettyPonies

Reaction score
My mini mare is going to give birth any day and I need name suggestions, I’m wanting a western/cowboy/Indian name… I was thinking if it’s a colt I could name him (colt) 45, but I feel like I’d have to explain the name to everyone… so I need ideas… also I have no idea for a name for a filly…

Our little one came prenamed as Apache. I like his name and sometimes we call him just Patchy who likes a scratchy let's go catchy. (except he doesn't need catching... he runs to us now... especially if he thinks we may pet his big tb mare girlfriend before him.) I sometimes wonder if there are any people who would be offended by it as cultural appropriation. It is hard to be sensitive of everybody's beliefs though... but sometimes I do wonder if anyone finds it rude since we live in Australia so have no real link. Yes life got complicated lol!

Btw I really like the name Colt 45.

Our little one came prenamed as Apache. I like his name and sometimes we call him just Patchy who likes a scratchy let's go catchy. (except he doesn't need catching... he runs to us now... especially if he thinks we may pet his big tb mare girlfriend before him.) I sometimes wonder if there are any people who would be offended by it as cultural appropriation. It is hard to be sensitive of everybody's beliefs though... but sometimes I do wonder if anyone finds it rude since we live in Australia so have no real link. Yes life got complicated lol!

Btw I really like the name Colt 45.
I think Apache's nick name Patchy is cute!! :)

I am a direct descendant of Princess Tondl Hkili of the Algonquin/Leni Lenape tribe.
I give you permission to use Apache :) (Not that you need it!!!)
Thank you... wow that is impressive! I do feel more comfortable using his name now!! I would love to hear more about your culture.

Remington, Remi for short.
Cowboy, Rope, Lariat, Latigo.
Rein (My filly's name is Rain, so why not). Miss Kitty (Gunsmoke, I think that's the right old TV show). Goldie (if palomino).

Latest posts

Back