Mini Cheese Cakes Recipe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which section would "Vanilla wafers" be in at the grocery store? Nobody at the grocery store seemed to know what I meant and I couldn't find any.

Which section would "Vanilla wafers" be in at the grocery store? Nobody at the grocery store seemed to know what I meant and I couldn't find any.
Vanilla Wafers would be in the cookie section. They're either made by Keebler's or Nabisco.

I made then this morning, and gee~~~ I really cant tell you how good they were because I only got to "sample" 2 of them,
default_biggrin.png
my son and daughter came over and I had them in the fridge. Went out to the barn , and came back and the plate was empty.
default_biggrin.png
I would have to say they were VERY GOOD. I made mine in the mini muffin pans, I got about 36 out of the recipe. The nila wafers were a little bit to big to actually fit all the way down to the bottom of the cups, so I was only able to put a good tablespoon of filling on each one, but they did puff up and it was the ideal size for just a tart size cheesecake. I topped them with smashed up peppermint sticks. Definitely making them at x-mas. Have you ever made pecan tarts with a cream cheese mix cup and pecan filling? Those are really good too. Corinne

I made then this morning, and gee~~~ I really cant tell you how good they were because I only got to "sample" 2 of them,
default_biggrin.png
my son and daughter came over and I had them in the fridge. Went out to the barn , and came back and the plate was empty.
default_biggrin.png
I would have to say they were VERY GOOD. I made mine in the mini muffin pans, I got about 36 out of the recipe. The nila wafers were a little bit to big to actually fit all the way down to the bottom of the cups, so I was only able to put a good tablespoon of filling on each one, but they did puff up and it was the ideal size for just a tart size cheesecake. I topped them with smashed up peppermint sticks. Definitely making them at x-mas. Have you ever made pecan tarts with a cream cheese mix cup and pecan filling? Those are really good too. Corinne
default_aktion033.gif
AWesome!!! Did you ask your son and daughter how they tasted?
default_biggrin.png

Is that pecan tart recipe easy? Can you tel I like "easy"?
default_wacko.png

This is the recipe for Pecan Tassies. It was in the bunch of recipes I listed the site for yesterday (listed as "recipes galore"). They're not "as" easy but taste just like tiny pecan pies.

Pecan Tassies

1-3 ounce package cream cheese, softened

1/2 butter or margarine, softened

1 cup All-Purpose Flour

1 large egg

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 cup chopped pecans

Instructions: Crust: Blend softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter or margarine. Stir in flour just until blended. Chill about 1 hour. (You can make this ahead and chill it for up to 24 hours if your short on time.) Preheat oven to 325 F. Shape dough into 24 one-inch balls and press into ungreased 1 1/2 inch muffin cups (mini-muffin size)to make a shallow shell. Filling: Beat egg, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, vanilla and salt. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans on dough in muffin tins. Add egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Cool in pans on wire rack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh those sound pretty easy as far as ingredients go! Thanks for posting that and thank you for posting that recipe site too!

...there you go , and I didnt even have to get my recipe out
default_biggrin.png
They are really good and do taste like Pecan pie. They are not that hard to make either. Do you like salads? I have a good and easy BLT salad,(Bacon-lettuce-tomato). Here it is if you like salads..BLT SALAD

1 box med. shells, cook and cool

2 diced up tomatoes

1 diced up onion

2 cups miracle whip

2cups of Bacon-Tomato salad dressing, mix it all together and chill.

and here is another colorful one for x-mas.

Southern Salad;

1-8oz cream cheese

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 can cherry pie filling

1 can drained crushed pineapple

1 large cool whip

can add walnuts if you want to.

Beat the cream cheese until fluffy, add the milk, and then fold in the rest and mix good. Refrigerate.

Hows that for simple
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif
and here is a good simple one for Turkey day.

Layered Pumpkin Dessert

1 package of Hostess Twinkies (10 twinkies)

1-8oz cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1-8oz container of cool whip, thawed and divided

2 pks of instant vanilla pudding (the small pkgs)

1-15 oz can of pumpkin

1 1/2 teas. pumpkin pie spice

1 cup of milk

slice the twinkies lengthwise and put them cream side up in a 9 x13 pan.

Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/2 of the cool whip till smooth, spread this over the twinkies

Combine the pudding, pumpkin, pie spice and milk, mix this up till its well blended, and spread this over the

creamcheese mixture. Then spread the remaining cool whip over this, and sprinkle the top with a little bit of pumpkin pie spice.

It has more ingredients but its really easy and good. Corinne

OK...now my mouth is watering and it's not even lunchtime yet!!!!
default_yes.gif

Those recipes sound wonderfully easy!!! I think I want to try that southern salad!!!

Oh was wondering...when you say "Large Coolwhip".....how big is the container?

default_biggrin.png
oh great ...now your going to ask me a question I cant answer
default_biggrin.png
I have the small one in the freezer and that is 8 ozs and I know the bigger one is twice that size so probably 16 ozs. . I'll let you know tomorrow when I run to the store and buy more
default_biggrin.png
You'll love the Southern Salad. I have a few more recipes for salads like that if you want them let me know. Corinne

Do share....do share......they sound so simple and that's right up my alley! OK.....I think I've only ever bought the 8 oz. Cool Whip, but if they don't have the big one at the groceries I'll just double up on the little one.

Here is a salad I just made tonight. Don't really know the name of it..so call it whatever you want
default_biggrin.png
but its good. I make it a lot in summer. 1 head broccoli

1 head cauliflower

1 med. onion

1/2 c. bacon bits ( or fried up bacon in pieces)

2 c. salad dressing

1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated

Chop broccoli and cauliflower into bite-size florets. Chop up onion and add to broccoli mixture. Stir in bacon. Stir together salad dressing and Parmesan cheese and mix into salad. Chill

Pistachio Whip-

1 pkg.instant pistachio pudding

1 can crushed pineapple

1 cup mini marshmallows (I don't always put them in it)

1 9oz cool whip (the little one
default_biggrin.png
)

1/2 cup nuts

1/2 cup maraschino cherries

Stir everything together, eat and enjoy
default_biggrin.png

Easy Fruit Salad

1 ~16 oz fruit cocktail

1~ 8 oz crushed (or the tidbits) pineapple

1 ~11 oz mandarin oranges

1 small package instant vanilla pudding

2 cups mini marshmallows (opt)

1~8 oz cool whip (the small one
default_biggrin.png
)

drain the oranges but leave all the rest with there juice, stir in the pudding. eat and enjoy.

Here is a super easy candy "turtle" recipe. my grand kids Love to make this! (yeah its that easy
default_biggrin.png
)

1 bag Rollo's candy (there are about 63 pcs in a bag) so ...

63 mini knot pretzels

63 pecans

Set the oven to 125, Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet, top each one with a Rollo, put this in the oven till the Rollo is soft (about 3-4 minutes) take out, and press a piece of pecan on the top of each one. (press it down). After the Rollo hardens up again..eat and enjoy
default_biggrin.png

Here is another one I make a lot at Christmas ~

Burrito Orderves

1~8 oz cream cheese

1~16 oz sour cream

1~4 oz green chilies

1~4 oz diced olives

1 cup shredded cheese

1 med onion

Mix it all up and spread on burritos, sprinkle a little crushed red pepper on the top, roll up and chill about 1 to 2 hours, slice, and serve with salsa.

Anyone else have any good easy recipes to post?? Corinne

Those all sound YUMMY!!! I think I may take a crack at the turtles for Christmas!! I'll have to dig in my recipe file for more easy recipes. I was looking in there last weekend because we had a family reunion and I did'nt want to take just any bakery pie so I decided to whip up these min cheesecakes and take them along with me. I don't think there were any left AFTER the dinner......everyone took them before...they're that tempting...LOL.....
default_biggrin.png

They look great, I'll have to try it...you said it makes 12...I only see 11 in the first picture
default_nono.gif
...I know, you just had to test it...lol...

I suppose you can make it with strawberry filling (or whatever filling) instead, I'm not a cherry fan.

They look great, I'll have to try it...you said it makes 12...I only see 11 in the first picture
default_nono.gif
...I know, you just had to test it...lol...

I suppose you can make it with strawberry filling (or whatever filling) instead, I'm not a cherry fan.
I'm glad I was'nt swallowing water at the same time I read this!!
default_new_rofl.gif
I was wondering if anyone was gonna notice that!!! DH is usually my taste tester ginea pig!
default_risa_suelos.gif
Almost lost one to the pups too!!! BEFORE the filling went on.

Yep you can use whatever filling you want for the top...and others here have given some other good ideas as to toppings too.

thank you for posting this recipe. My husband is VERY excited that I will be making them for Thanksgiving. He even went shopping with me for the ingredients, and we selected Raspberries for the topping since I'm not crazy about cherries (LOVE them fresh but won't touch most other cherry flavored stuff).

Andrea

I finally got all the ingredients and am giving them a try tomorrow. Can't wait!
default_biggrin.png

I just wanted to bump this WAY up...

I made these for Christmas in '07 and now apparently it is a TRADITION that I have to make them for both family events.

This is a GREAT recipe and SO easy...

You all should try it... I make mine half with raspberry filling and half get Belgian Chocolate chips sprinkled on top prior to baking. Mmmm...

Andrea

Back