Mini Cheese Cakes Recipe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
These little mini cheese cakes are so easy and fun to do up, I have made up three batches for family and friends since last weekend. Heres a couple of pics of the ones I did up last night. Trust me they look so much better in real time! And OMG they're YUMMY!!!

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

Miniature Cheesecakes

2 - 8 oz. pkg. of Philly Cream Cheese

3/4 c. sugar

2 eggs

1 tbsp. lemon juice

1 tsp. vanilla extract

vanilla wafers

1 can cherry pie filling (or whatever fruit filling you prefer)

Line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners. Place 1 vanilla wafer in bottom of each liner. Combine remaining ingredients except cherry pie filling; mix well. Spoon mixture into liners. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees (preheat oven). Let cool well and remove liners. Place small spoonful of filling into sunken spot of cheesecake.

Yields 12 cupcakes

Hint: The original recipe calls to bake them for 20 minutes but in my oven they're not done by then. So when you first do them watch after 20 minutes to see which time is good for your oven.

Thanks for sharing..those look YUMMY and cheesecake is my favorite along with everyone else in our family. GIving them a try today or tomorrow. Corinne

I've made these many many times over the years, but not for quite a while. Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to make some again. They are so yummy and easy. I feel like I could take a bite right out of the computer screen they look so real in your pictures.
default_yes.gif

Not to hijack your thread Cheyenne but speaking of cheesecake, have any of you tried that new cheescake filling that comes in a tub like cool whip. All you have to do is dump it in a graham cracker pie crust (I buy ready made ones) and it is instant. You have a cheescake in the time it takes to dump. Can eat it immediately. My granddaughter says "Any dessert tonight Grandma?" I say "sure" and jump up and we have cheesecake right now. Comes in Chocolate and regular.

Corinne...let me know how you like them.

Bonnie...I'll have to look for that cheesecake in a tube. Hubby would definitely like that!!! And hey...if it's easy, I'm game!!
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif

Looks and sounds terrific! And I have some extra time tomorrow...
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
I love cheesecake.

Speaking of Cheese Cake ..

Next time your driving by an Arbys you have to stop and try their new cheesecake bites! Mhhh, im not even a cheese cake person but those things are gooood.

The cheesecake inside the little bites are melted and the crust is around the bites. You get this raspberry dipping sauce *drool*. I have to admit, i have become addicted
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Thank You !!!!

I think I can do this
default_yes.gif

*what else would/could you use besides canned Cherries?

Thanks...sounds great!

pig01.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
<*what else would/could you use besides canned Cherries?>

I guess you could use Arby's raspberry dipping sauce!!!!
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

You can use any pie filling...blueberry, apple topping strudel topping etc..... Or you can do it up "nekked". Taste good either way! Very yummy...but the fillings give it that festive ambiance.
default_488.gif

I'm going to make some of these tomorrow! I'm quite excited! I hope I am right to assume you mean 350 degrees F and not 350 degrees C...

Now this is a recipe I can handle
default_biggrin.png

I'm going to give these a try this weekend.

Could the paper liners be left on? I'd like to make these to take to a friend and it would seem easier to leave the papers on so she could put them out to serve or keep some for a day or two. Also are they the mini cup cake pans and liners or the regular ones? I know it sounds like I don't know anything. :DOH! Sometimes I DO!
default_wink.png

I love these things! I had totally forgotten about them!! They just might be part of my Thanksgiving dinner this year now that you've reminded me of them. A couple of things I've used to top them off (in addition to the cherry pie filling) is shaved chocolate and I've put orange marmalade on some. Yummy anyway you do them. Oh well......I knew I've have to make another trip to the store before Thursday.
default_wink.png

ETA - Oh yeah.....and blueberry pie filling too.

Could the paper liners be left on? I'd like to make these to take to a friend and it would seem easier to leave the papers on so she could put them out to serve or keep some for a day or two. Also are they the mini cup cake pans and liners or the regular ones? I know it sounds like I don't know anything. :DOH! Sometimes I DO!
default_wink.png
Yes you can leave the paper liners on. However if you keep the liners on, I'd top them after you remove the liner....as it can get messy trying to remove the lining cup while filling is dribbling down the side. lol....

You use the regular cup cake tins and liners. I've noticed that the Vanilla Wafers have shrunk thru the years tho! When I would make them years ago, the cookies seemed to cover the whole bottom of the cupcake...now it does'nt!

Donna...good idea with the marmalade and chocolate! Yummmyyy!!!

Back