Microchip Implants

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjcs

Reaction score
I have heard that microchip implants cause cancer in animals. These are the same microchip implants that people have put in their dogs and horses. Just giving a heads up on this.

Here is a link to check out.

www.antichips.com

Barbara

We have been microchipping clients pets & our own shelter pets for years & have never had problems, what we have had is lost pets including cats reunited with their owners when they become lost. Frankly, there is a cancer story behind everything you eat, wear, drive & live in now days. I am surprised that we continue to eat fast food, food from stores, wear clothing, live in houses drive cars or just about anything else. I think that we need to read up on everything & make an educated decision weighing the possible side effect over the good of the item in our life. We will continue to microchip pets & since I have not seen the side effects in 100's of animals, I will continue to recommend it because I know it can SAVE a pets life.

There are a couple different type of chips..ones that can only be scanned close to the animal. Those ones seem to be ok as said above.

Then the others..that can be tracked by satalite(spell?) These ones are showing that they can cause problems and cancer in some. I know because Hubby works in the devision that makes these chips. He doesn't work on them himself but some good friends do. And they would not put those things in any of their animals let alone people. So that tells me that there has got to be something to it...if the makers want nothing to do with these chips.

Ah man I hate this sort of info...My pup was just microchipped when she was spayed..it has become a rule over here that all newly registered dogs must be microchipped...Not really what I want to be hearing.

There are a couple different type of chips..ones that can only be scanned close to the animal. Those ones seem to be ok as said above.

Then the others..that can be tracked by satellite(spell?) These ones are showing that they can cause problems and cancer in some. I know because Hubby works in the devision that makes these chips. He doesn't work on them himself but some good friends do. And they would not put those things in any of their animals let alone people. So that tells me that there has got to be something to it...if the makers want nothing to do with these chips.
NO There are NOT going to Track Your Animals by Satellites~!!! Lets get that Straight and Up Front Right Now~!

The ONLY thing on the Satellites is Your Premises Through the Premises ID Program.~!

There is Plenty of False ideas going around the net on this chipping stuff. And Following You via the Satellites is Just Plain False~!

And One More thing:

"Placing a human microchip in a mouse is about like sticking something the size of a hot dog (perhaps larger) in a human".

These kind of lad tests are just so one sided that it isn't even funny.~!

And as Far as These Chips from the USDA they are good up to 10 FEET way l way less power then some that CAN be done from those Satellite. There are MANY many different Kinds of Chips being made.

Like the GPS and the Lo Jack car finder etc. But the ones For this NAIS Program is NOT those that Put out lots of Power~!

Last edited by a moderator:
As Whitestar and Shari said... the Home Again or similar pet ID chips are not harmful - the capsule goes under the skin and is self-contained. If they were carcinogenic to any major degree - we would have heard about many cases by now. I want my dogs to have their chips as a way of us finding each other shou;ld the unthinkable happen - and it can. A few years ago - I lost my best friend - my sweet, dear, super-intelligent and multi-titled smooth fox terrier. She was never found. She did not have a chip. I will NEVER make that mistake again... :no: ... the heartbreak - and not knowing - was terrible.

The types of chips used for animals are passive. They don't eminate any power or radiation nor can they be tracked by satellite. As Tag said they are hermetically sealed in glass and the "tumors" one hears about in animals are not widespread. Your pet can get the same type of tumor as a result of getting a mandatory rabies vaccine or anytime a foreign object is introduced including a splinter but we must weigh the benefits of preventing rabies and not locking them in a padded room vs the off chance they might develop one.

I did a ton of research before chipping my animals and found that most, it not all of those warnings came from paranoid fringe groups, like the one linked, who fear the entire world is already under some evil form of mind control from "big brother".

Then the others..that can be tracked by satellite(spell?) These ones are showing that they can cause problems and cancer in some. I know because Hubby works in the devision that makes these chips. He doesn't work on them himself but some good friends do. And they would not put those things in any of their animals let alone people. So that tells me that there has got to be something to it...if the makers want nothing to do with these chips.
NO There are NOT going to Track Your Animals by Satellites~!!! Lets get that Straight and Up Front Right Now~!

The ONLY thing on the Satellites is Your Premises Through the Premises ID Program.~!

There is Plenty of False ideas going around the net on this chipping stuff. And Following You via the Satellites is Just Plain False~!

And One More thing:

"Placing a human microchip in a mouse is about like sticking something the size of a hot dog (perhaps larger) in a human".

These kind of lad tests are just so one sided that it isn't even funny.~!

And as Far as These Chips from the USDA they are good up to 10 FEET way l way less power then some that CAN be done from those Satellite. There are MANY many different Kinds of Chips being made.

Like the GPS and the Lo Jack car finder etc. But the ones For this NAIS Program is NOT those that Put out lots of Power~!
Interesting... my husband doesn't see you working on the chips that can be tracked by Satelities. Just funny how you know it all. Sigh ~~~~

I did not read the above web site.... I am just going from what I personally know, which is coming from the source of those kind of chips. The ones they are making to put into to animals that can be tracked by Satelities.

That is why I talked about the two kinds of basic chips. One isn't a problem to most and the other........

Latest posts

Back