Meteor Shower

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
Looks like tonight's the night to watch. Just in case anybody's interested.

"This year the Perseid meteor shower could deliver one or two visible streaks every minute during peak times, Cooke said in a statement yesterday. Urban skywatchers will see fewer due to local light pollution.

The meteors in this shower all appear to emanate from the constellation Perseus. The best times to watch will be late night Aug. 12 through dawn Aug. 13."

Thanks for the reminder. I watched one of these a couple of years ago and it was better than fireworks!
default_yes.gif
: Most of us live in the "countryside" so we have the best views!

Gotta go set my clock!
default_wink.png
:

It was a clear and open sky when I was out last night at around 9:30 p.m. and I did'nt see any!
default_sad.png
Maybe I was too early?) Bit I was also out at 1:30 a.m. to take Lakota out to do potty and still did'nt see anything. I'm gonna try again tonight. I sure hope I see something, I was really looking forward to this!

i didn't relise it was a meteor shower going on at the time but the last two nights we've had encredible shooting stars. I figured when i was seeing them regularly all night that it must be a shower i hadn't heard about yet..LOL (after all i don 'twatch the news as much as i probably should..lol).

Don't worry if you missed them last night..........They'll still be visible for the next several nights.

MA

We watched for them here and saw quite a few... very pretty!

I was so mad at myself this morning because I forgot.

I was up till 11:00 and was going to go out and then just plain forgot :eek:

Oh well maybe tonight
default_rolleyes.gif
:

My parents and I watched last night!!! There were a couple really good ones!!! :aktion033:

But we were slightly overcast, so we had to watch between cloud cover.. :no:

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back