Message to the world

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozymandias

Reaction score
Sometimes the FEW extreme people get all the attention (not talking about people on ths board) the racists, the haters etc.

Here's my reply.

I AM AMERICAN. I came here from another country with my parents who wanted the American dream for their children. I've NEVER commited a crime. I love people of all races. I have a bi-racial marriage and gorgeous half Japanese half caucasian children. Yup, we're truely part of the "melting pot". I'm a Buddhist and America welcomes my practice of that religion. My husband is Catholic and my kids are Christian and Athiest. We all respect each others beliefs and right and that of others. I have one child in private school and one who went to public school and who is now in University. I AM American. I have friends of all races. I am voting for the first time ever in the USA because I gave up my green card for my citizenship 3 years ago
default_smile.png
. I have the freedom to go to the voting booth without intimidation. I can vote for the candidate of MY choice without fear. I am concerned about how the world views us...I DO care...we are part of the world and Americans are known for their caring, compassion and endless aid we extend to those in need of our help. I want that back. My husband IS AMERICAN. 3rd generation Japanese. His grandparents came here from Japan to Hawaii. During WW2 his grandfather wept when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. He gathered his sons and told them " You ARE American, now you must choose", they all defended their country - America.

I hope whoever becomes our next president can have the full support of his country. Which ever side of the fence we are on before the election, I hope that afterwards we can begin to heal and to become the America the world knows is here. The real America, the American built from every nation and every color and every religion the world has to offer. The caring, loving, compassionate, friend - The UNITED States of America.

default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nicely stated!! Your pride for our country (and I mean "our" as in ALL of us Americans) is obvious in your words.
default_smile.png
I agree: after the election is over, regardless of who are new leaders are, we need to all come together as one nation, for the good of all.
default_saludando.gif

Sometimes the FEW extreme people get all the attention (not talking about people on ths board) the racists, the haters etc.
Here's my reply.

I AM AMERICAN. I came here from another country with my parents who wanted the American dream for their children. I've NEVER commited a crime. I love people of all races. I have a bi-racial marriage and gorgeous half Japanese half caucasian children. Yup, we're truely part of the "melting pot". I'm a Buddhist and America welcomes my practice of that religion. My husband is Catholic and my kids are Christian and Athiest. We all respect each others beliefs and right and that of others. I have one child in private school and one who went to public school and who is now in University. I AM American. I have friends of all races. I am voting for the first time ever in the USA because I gave up my green card for my citizenship 3 years ago
default_smile.png
. I have the freedom to go to the voting booth without intimidation. I can vote for the candidate of MY choice without fear. I am concerned about how the world views us...I DO care...we are part of the world and Americans are known for their caring, compassion and endless aid we extend to those in need of our help. I want that back. My husband IS AMERICAN. 3rd generation Japanese. His grandparents came here from Japan to Hawaii. During WW2 his grandfather wept when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor. He gathered his sons and told them " You ARE American, now you must choose", they all defended their country - America.

I hope whoever becomes our next president can have the full support of his country. Which ever side of the fence we are on before the election, I hope that afterwards we can begin to heal and to become the America the world knows is here. The real America, the American built from every nation and every color and every religion the world has to offer. The caring, loving, compassionate, friend - The UNITED States of America.

default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif

Great attitude.. bringing people together instead of trying to divide them..

Well Said, Diana.......Well Said. May we all join up as a united front when this is all over.
default_yes.gif

Thank you Ozymandias! Sometimes we need a little reminder. Both sides of my gran-parents come from other countries. That's what the USA is made up of, huh? People from everywhere, looking for a better life for their family and freedom. My mother's parents escaped from Nazi germany. Seems like we could all pull together for the good of everyone.

Latest posts

Back