Hello from Indiana

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimerh

Reaction score
Hello,
I am excited to see this forum and connect with people who have also fallen for the charms of minis! I got my first miniature horse 12 years ago as a companion for my retiring horse when we purchased our own farm. I just acquired a second one to serve as his companion now that I am back to one riding horse on the off chance I get motivated to haul out for shows or clinics at some point. Here are the little guys, Bugsy and Ozzie, partners in all backyard mischief!CA0FF733-29EE-455B-887E-F5AC15A00721.jpeg2C052501-B803-40D7-A03E-50B954064B27.jpeg

Those are beautiful little guys. Who's been with you for 12 years?

Ozzie is the black one, he’s been here 12 years. My vet arranged for me to support stifle surgery he needed in exchange for a “free” pony. Unfortunately he broke his hip in May, and while he is managing quite well I wanted a slow friend for him. Bugsy was surrendered to a rescue a couple of months ago after no hoof care for an extended period of time. I’ve had him three weeks now. He’s doing great and maybe nearly normal if he keeps improving.

Your guys are adorable. Where in Indiana are you? Do you belong to any mini clubs? I’m 40 min from Chicago.
I’m near Indianapolis and I would love to find a mini club. After 24 years in hunter jumper land I’m ready for new things, not planning on showing these guys but they definitely love being given lots of attention. Bugsy is carefully learning some ground manners now that he’s getting his feet back under him! They have 18 hand personalities and are wicked smart so I’m trying to channel all that enthusiasm.

Back